Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bosch Ford 42# injector question

The plug looks correct and the length from oRing to Oring looks right, but the injectors I bought are fatter and they dont have the extended tips like the stock ones. Has anyone used these before and is that OK? They look just like the ones on the Greenhulk store, but the stockers have about an inch long extension so it squirts a bit further in...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    The plug looks correct and the length from oRing to Oring looks right, but the injectors I bought are fatter and they dont have the extended tips like the stock ones. Has anyone used these before and is that OK? They look just like the ones on the Greenhulk store, but the stockers have about an inch long extension so it squirts a bit further in...
    only the stockers have the extension. You're good to go brotha.

Thanks man charger is in injectors soon but I found I had a antifreeze leak last year and I found it. There is a plastic fitting that goes into the hull in the back on the left side I assume it is coolant to circulate through the ride plate, anyway it was only finger tight. Any chance someone knows what size that is? A pipe wrench wrench and adjustable wont work it has to be a deep socket. I think it is one size bigger than what I have. I will have to borrow some from my dad to get it, but its easier to fix now than putting all those air hoses back in.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks man charger is in injectors soon but I found I had a antifreeze leak last year and I found it. There is a plastic fitting that goes into the hull in the back on the left side I assume it is coolant to circulate through the ride plate, anyway it was only finger tight. Any chance someone knows what size that is? A pipe wrench wrench and adjustable wont work it has to be a deep socket. I think it is one size bigger than what I have. I will have to borrow some from my dad to get it, but its easier to fix now than putting all those air hoses back in.
    better make sure that its not just the oem clamp that has come a lil loose. replace it with a worm gear and see if it stops.

No I tightened the clamp up and while I was working on the ski it was still seeping out after I wiped it. I took the hose completely off and the plastic fitting is only finger tight. I need a deep socket a little bigger than the one I have so I can tighten some. I cant wait to get this out on the lake and try it....

+1
    Id change the clamp to a better one those cheapos have been known to leak when you tighten it back up put some more sealant around it.
    tell us about your ride when you finish

so verdict on ford injectors is yes?

Yes they do fit I just didnt know about the longer ends on the stock ones

+1
    Yes they do fit I just didnt know about the longer ends on the stock ones
    The length is normal-- check out the 1's in the store and all the other after market 1's others are installing-- the originals are the odd 1's.

If you guys want to try out a set cheap, try the classified sections on lightningrodder.com, nloc.net or one of the svt websites. Most of the Fords on these sites come with 42#er's and they swap them out for 60#'s. So they should be readily available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information