Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

help with my trailer. approve of my new winch setup, and what to do about bunks.

so my ski came on a trailer that didnt come with the waverunner. but i like it and am trying to make it all work

it has the design of hand crank and bumper in the front where the winch sits inside of it. ive been through two of them and the teeth or unlocking mechanisms keep messing up. so i ordered a 1100 pound winch and it was too big to fit inside of it. so i mounted it like this

anyone object to that? i like it because the hook on the front of the ski is free, before when you cranked it up it dug into the rubber bumper. only thing i can think of that might be wrong is that it pulls kinda upward on the hook on the ski.

then i made this safety chain setup. this work okay?

the ski kinda always sat back on the trailer a little far, so i put the bumper roller on the other side of the upright bar. think that's okay?

now id like to get the bunks setup right. think i have any way to fix that? they kind sit the ski on its ridges, and it will list to one side or the other.

any ideas there?

this trailer is in good shape. i got all the lights working, i like that its long, i can drop my tailgate and still turn great, and its got paid up permanent tags on it. think i can make those bunks work?

raise the winch/braket/roller assy up one hole in the winch stand so that the bow stop roller is just under the rail so the winch strap goes under the roller so when you tighten the winch strap it pulls the ski into the roller and down... with the strap over the roller, in a sudden stop or collision the ski could fly over the winch assy...
    safety chain: attach the hook directly to the bow eye...
    the bunks: it looks like the bunks are already to their furthest adjustment hole...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    raise the winch/braket/roller assy up one hole in the winch stand so that the bow stop roller is just under the rail so the winch strap goes under the roller so when you tighten the winch strap it pulls the ski into the roller and down... with the strap over the roller, in a sudden stop or collision the ski could fly over the winch assy...
    safety chain: attach the hook directly to the bow eye...
    the bunks: it looks like the bunks are already to their furthest adjustment hole...
    Yup.

I've found that the GPR doesn't sit all that well on my trailer, compared to a sea doo GTI and RXP. I wouldn't worry about adjusting the bunks anymore.

+1
    i switched it back to this style. the other way looked wierd to me

okay so move it all up one hole? then i wont have any room for the hook from the winch, so run that underneath?

i dont think theres room on my bow eye for both. wouldnt the safety chain still catch the ski if the winch were to fail? the winch hook to the bow eye is quite girthy

+1
    Right. Move the winch up and run the hook under the bow roller instead of above.

In terms of safety chains, I have another big hook thats attached to the bow, connected to a chain, which i secure around the trailer frame, in front of the winch post. So basically, if the winch fails and the winch post fails, I'm still good.

+1
    What about squeaky leaf springs? Anything I can do there

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    What about squeaky leaf springs? Anything I can do there

I hit mine with Fluid Film or similar. Seems to help a little, but they still squeak somewhat.

+1
    what is that kinda stuff just a spray lubricant? what squeaks where they mount at each end to the trailer?

+1

So like that? I need a bigger clip to the bow eye so that's why its still on there

+1
    So moving the bunks all the way in wouldn't be good since they would be so close? Could I drill new holes farther over?

On the way down to the outer banks if I hit a good bump it would hop up and lean and I'd have to shift it back to get it to sit right

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information