What happened to Walt's Powersports in Lake Havasu?

I know there are some people on this forum who live in Lake Havasu, does anyone know what happened with Walt's Powersports?

I wasn't even aware the dealership was closed until I read a reader comment in the local newspaper that cited Walt's closing as another indication how tough the economy is in Havasu. I'm surprised the local newspaper never covered the story.

I've been to Havasu on a number of occasions and used to go to Walt's to get oil for my '01 RX-DI. Whenever I was at the dealership the place looked like a goldmine - I wonder what happened?

It seems strange that the owner could survive the recession this long and not still be in business - I thought the economy was improving.....

As a final thought, I wonder why someone didn't buy the dealership?

I've wondered the same thing, since we usually make it to Havasu every 6 weeks or so. No locals have any more info?

Banned User
    +1
    Closed-"until further notice". No information on why...or what will happen next.
    Matt, from the service department opened up his own shop. Then there is Tech 1(Christophe Girello-Rius' former mechanic), and Nicholas Rius also just opened up a shop-same street, all within a few blocks of each other on Lake Havasu ave N.

Thanks for the update.

At this point I'd guess the "until further notice" sign is a moot point. In my experience, once the inventory is gone and the employees have been laid off it's nearly impossible to restart a dealership unless the business is sold to a new owner.

Hopefully someone will come in and restart the business - Havasu certainly seems to be a big enough city to support a full-line powersports dealership.

Thanks Iflyems. I had worked with Matt and Chris from the service dept in getting my Ultra warranty work done. There were some good guys there, I hope they all fare well.

I googled it a while ago and it looked like a sour deal with lots of people looking for their stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I googled it a while ago and it looked like a sour deal with lots of people looking for their stuff?
    Yeah, I picked up on that same vibe when I read the last entries on Walt's Facebook page.

Thread Information