Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    fixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    498
    +1
    20

    Who is a reliable crankshaft rebuilder?

    Seems one of my 785's took on some water over the winter, now I need a trustworthy crank shop. Anybody know of one in the northeast?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Sharps marine
    Indy Specialty
    just acouple i know of

  3. #3
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Sharps marine
    Indy Specialty
    just acouple i know of
    +1 for sharps, Jeff @Midwest also offers a solid deal, he is not in the northeast however!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,028
    +1
    2
    I had sharps rebuild my pro crank and was happy. Jeff at Midwest is also great to deal with. We sent ALL of our cranks to him when I was wrenching at a dealership. 785 cranks are VERY picky though, they need to be perfect, and finding someone who is very knowledgable with these cranks is preferred. I'd check with Sharps, and Randy at Watcon to see who builds his cranks and go from there. 785 cranks are also very expensive to rebuild correctly compared to most, so do some checking and make your decision on your findings.

    Edit: Indy Specialty in MN (as mentioned above) is also very good, and is very well known in the sled industry.

  5. #5
    Moderated
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,711
    crankworks is where all the yami tuners get theirs done

    http://crankworks.com/

    they all seem to swear by them

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Randy would use Crankworks if you needed one redone

  7. #7
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post
    I had sharps rebuild my pro crank and was happy. Jeff at Midwest is also great to deal with. We sent ALL of our cranks to him when I was wrenching at a dealership. 785 cranks are VERY picky though, they need to be perfect, and finding someone who is very knowledgable with these cranks is preferred. I'd check with Sharps, and Randy at Watcon to see who builds his cranks and go from there. 785 cranks are also very expensive to rebuild correctly compared to most, so do some checking and make your decision on your findings.

    Edit: Indy Specialty in MN (as mentioned above) is also very good, and is very well known in the sled industry.

    I would go with sharps as well, but I have a Midwest crank and a sharps top end in my 785, and it was trouble free Last season and it fired within 2seconds this year, so I guess we can include Jeff as a viable source as well.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    I would go with sharps as well, but I have a Midwest crank and a sharps top end in my 785, and it was trouble free Last season and it fired within 2seconds this year, so I guess we can include Jeff as a viable source as well.
    The only problem with Jeff is if he needs any new rods he can no longer get them for the 785's but if it's just bearings i would use Jeff at Midwest before anyone else Great guy yo deal with and his prices cannot be beat .

  9. #9
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    The only problem with Jeff is if he needs any new rods he can no longer get them for the 785's but if it's just bearings i would use Jeff at Midwest before anyone else Great guy yo deal with and his prices cannot be beat .
    Doesn't hot rods make a 785 rod still?

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,597
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    The only problem with Jeff is if he needs any new rods he can no longer get them for the 785's ...
    Where do new 785 rods come from?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who is good with pump rebuilds???
    By Jamescmei in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 01:45 AM
  2. Who is doing carb rebuilds/mods now that Bill is no longer with us ?
    By chevydog in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
  3. What ski would you advice to a newbe who is looking for a reliable ski ?
    By RXP rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
  4. Who is REALLY good at rebuilding precision pumps, and won't rape me on price???
    By boostaholic in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. crankshaft rebuild ! who to get?
    By jeff007 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •