Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Aftermarket covers

What is a good quality aftermarket cover to get? I have been looking all over and can't seem to find one that I like. Anyone have recommendations on a good fitting cover for a SL as well as a SLT? I am looking for one of each. I do a lot of trailering as well so it has to be good for that. I also would like to avoid blue or teal.

Check out covermate

Banned User
    +1
    I have seen those and they look interesting. Does anybody have experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I have seen those and they look interesting. Does anybody have experience with them?
    I have one on my slx, it is slightly larger and as a result fits better, trailers at 60 + without buckling it!

+1
    You can't beat the OEM vaccuhold covers, they are awesome so much better than aftermarket. I had an aftermarket on my 900 and I would suffer every time at the ramp untying the damn thing and it never quite fit right. I'm sure there are good aftermarket but the OEM are by far the best in terms of quality and fit and well worth the extra pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    You can't beat the OEM vaccuhold covers, they are awesome so much better than aftermarket. I had an aftermarket on my 900 and I would suffer every time at the ramp untying the damn thing and it never quite fit right. I'm sure there are good aftermarket but the OEM are by far the best in terms of quality and fit and well worth the extra pesos.
    My oem cover has a shock cord that needs to be tied as well. The covermate has nylon straps with buckles that run under the ski which are much easier to use and very secure,
    I park my trailer on the side of my house with the back of the skis facing the water and the wind is often very strong coming off the water and it is usually my oem cover that needs adjustment after a windy day while the covermate is fine. I am sure it has to do with the age of myoem cover, but I sure can't afford a new one. Honestly... The next covers I buy will be from page 53 from watercraft superstore catalog, you can pick your own color scheme, I know it's sbt but I'm sure the covers are decent, and the price is right!

+1
    I have Covermate's on both SLT's. They work well but on the way back from Minnesota last summer the zippers kept coming open. I finally had to tie them shut with fishing line.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    I have Covermate's on both SLT's. They work well but on the way back from Minnesota last summer the zippers kept coming open. I finally had to tie them shut with fishing line.

KJ
    That sucks, how many zippers and what locations? My cover mate has no zippers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    That sucks, how many zippers and what locations? My cover mate has no zippers.
    There is a zipper going down the center of the seat up to the handlebars. There is also a zippered flap over the gas cap so you can refuel with the cover on the ski.

The one that kept unzipping was the one over the seat. I'm guessing it was due to it flapping in the wind as we drove. I think what I'm going to do is sew a loop of strap material just behind the zipper and use that to tie off the zipper to hold it in place.

+1
    I can put on and remove my oem cover in under 60 seconds. To me that is worth an extra 40 bucks or so. I have been running a dual trailer, which means you will be under the trailer to secure it if the straps go under the hull that's quite painful. The cover mate covers are prob the best looking/fit aftermarket though if that is what you are looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information