Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Totaled Both Skis..Yea...Friday the 13th!!

Well, thanks to all who had helped me with my Polaris carb issue. I took it out today and got the carb dialed in finally. I was so impressed with that little 700. It handled great! Pulled a tube pretty good, it jumped the boats wake great... We had a blast for like 5 hours. Well when I was going to go put them away my two friends were bringing them over to the ramp for me while I got the trailer ready.

I'm sure you can imagine what happed next! I am watching them mess around one last time, when boom!!! They hit each other fast...and hard! It took a second to hear the hull thump, but when it hit me.. I knew they were both trashed!! My heart sunk!! When the brought them over, I didn't see it right away. When I pooped off the seat and looked into th Polaris, it was 1/4 full....again... with water... How he didn't sink it I don't know...the bilge was pumping its @ss off!! The hull is split right along the seam 3/4 the way down the hull. The Yamaha has a fist size rupture in the side of it... no major water in the hull, but pretty confident neither can be fixed...

I am so disappointed.. They are upstanding guys.. I know they will pay me for them, but the problem is what I have invested in actual $$ isn't close to what they are worth running.. especially running so well!! Man I am pissed....
    The big thing is that nobody got hurt! I am happy about that.. Ill post some pictures tomorrow to show you guys..

I guess I wanted to share my sob story...Yea Friday the 13th...

Sooooo Where can I get a good running 1200 for under $2 g's??? Got to go up in CC's now... Anybody?? lol

The donor...
    Last edited by Polcat2000; 05-15-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Pics added

Banned User
    +1
    You may be able to repair them. Glass work isnt incredibly difficult. The other possibility is to locate an empty hull from a parted out unit. I don't think that would be too hard to find. Put all of your good parts in the new hull. Empty hulls can be had a for a few hundred bucks.

i vote for repair

I'm hoping I can save the Yamaha, but the Polaris is pretty bad...I already found a local donor for a good hull... so we shall see I guess.. Its a shame because this 2000 only had 24 hours on it..

Banned User
    +1
    I also vote for repair. Some epoxy and some glass cloth and you should be well on your way.

I was impressed in that Polaris today..It was fun...I didn't think I would have so much fun on a 700.. I'm a power junkie...lol I am going to take them "to my boat dealer. They sell lots of "Go Fast" boats and have a prettygood glass guy... We bought our Campion Chase 600 from them.. We call it out "Little Go Fast" boat...lol

that sucks hard i hope you get it all sorted out hopefully you can get it fixed and get back out on the water summers here!!!!

Yea..me too... We just turned our boat in for warranty work also... I don't like being without a boat on the weekends... We have a Poker run tomorrow, but we are going to hitch a ride in our friends Sunsation 288. Would have liked to be out with the wave runners playing in the wakes of some of those big boys!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Post up some photos if you can.

Hull repair may be an option.

Certainly you can find good condition hulls with bad engine or no engine, often for little money, and transfer your running engine and parts over.

That is one of the neat things about the Polaris PWC series - many parts are either common or interchangeable across many different models.

+1
    Dude that really sucks. There are many threads on the hulk referring to friends wrecking skis, problem with the buddies is that usually they have no idea of rules on the water and get themselves in dangerous situations. I must admit it is the first time that I hear 2 buddies wrecking 2 skis in one go I don't know how I would handle that situation. Put up some pics lets see if you have a chance to salvage these hulls repair work ain't that hard I just repaired a hull myself - not that costly either. The hard bit is all the sanding and elbow grease but heck I'm thinking of 2 good slaves that can do that for you while you sit back and crack a bud.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information