97 Kawasaki STX 1100

95 polaris sl750 oil injection questions?

Hi guys, last yr I put my ski all back to stock so I could start working out the bugs..Had some serious issues but there all resolved now.. so the ski is 100% stock now and of course now runs great... Ive decided to start tinkering ... Im adding ocean pro air filters. What Ive decided to do is remove the stock intake manifold and put one on from a 94 so I can run my oil injection thru the manifold like they did in 94 rather then thru the airbox like in 95. And before anyone says other wise, no I am not going to remove the oil pump and premix... Ill replace the oil pump every couple yrs... Now to the questions.. Is there any reason why I shouldnt be using the 94 manifold with the oil injection below the carb. Is the oil pump different from 94 to 95? Is it going to cause anytype of problem? Fouling etc... Also Ive added a fuel primer which I had drilled holes in the stock air box just above the original oil injection and installed fittings. It worked great but now I was thinking Id use the vacumn ports on the 94 manifold that have plugs on them for my primer...Those ports are used to sync the carbs.. Other then that I still plan on keeping the ski pretty much stock just wanted to be able to adjust the carbs on the lake and figure with the stock air box out of the way Id have more room.... No I didnt remove the choke or linkages to add the primer.. Its just not necassary you just have to be creative is all...Also does anyone know if the carbs are out of sync will it cause vibration.... With the 95 intake on there, theres no ports to connect gauges too... I removed the manifold today and drilled and tapped for fittings so I could sync them but after decided Id be better off just adding the 94 manifold and moving the oil injection for the new filters... Anyway Im asking if anyone has a reason why thats not a good idea or knows something I dont. Before I go ahead with the project... Thanks again guys - Green Hulk rocks!

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    And for those of you guys that know me....... No more melted pistons!!! The motors a fresh rebuild with a new for me - used Crank with a good index... The ski has real good responce and likes to lauch into jumps.. Lots of air! Loven it!!!

Banned User
    +1
    I can't think of any reason that wouldn't work. For ease of working on it,I much prefer the 94 setup with the oil injection on the manifold

+1
    do not add primer lines to the intake manifold, or anywhere below the throttle plates. there is a "vacuum" and it can draw fuel through your primer, and mess with your fuel ratio.

Banned User
    +1
    Good point John

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    do not add primer lines to the intake manifold, or anywhere below the throttle plates. there is a "vacuum" and it can draw fuel through your primer, and mess with your fuel ratio.
    Thanks John, Was wondering about that but then thought with the bubble type primer the fuel wouldnt travel ... Unless I pumped it. I may have to come up with another idea for the primer..... Maybe I can build a spacer between the filters . I herd someone say in another thread they used 1 1/2" sch 40 pvc.... Sounds funny but I guess it could work... Also read I need to jet the main jets to 102.5 when adding those filters... I wanted to ask, why doees ocean pro state in there instructions if you purchased the kit with the spacers for the oil injection to use there spacers and disconnect and cap them at the manifolds. Is there a benifit to running the oil injection above the carbs rather then below?....

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I can't think of any reason that wouldn't work. For ease of working on it,I much prefer the 94 setup with the oil injection on the manifold
    Thanks Bryan, was wondering if there was a reason or benifit to running it above the filter. But Im glad to I shouldnt have any issues if I swap out the 2 intakes...

Thread Information