Thread: newb jumping

newb jumping

allright im a newb i've been trying but i guess im retarded which isn't the worst i have been called

so whats your tried and true method for jumping waves do you rely on other boats or do you make your own i've tried doing circles then running through the middle but at most all i can get is like a 2 foot wave

so how do you adrenaline junkies do it???

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Going to have to chase down boats or wait for mother nature to stir up some rough stuff.

You'll never be able to make your own waves good enough to jump and actually have fun on.

Be careful chasing down boats though. Coast guard wants something like 100 ft between boats.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrosportman View Post
    allright im a newb i've been trying but i guess im retarded which isn't the worst i have been called

so whats your tried and true method for jumping waves do you rely on other boats or do you make your own i've tried doing circles then running through the middle but at most all i can get is like a 2 foot wave

so how do you adrenaline junkies do it???
    Take it out in the gulf of Mexico! Xlint is smiling right now cause he has the great lakes to ride on, plenty of waves to jump!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    Take it out in the gulf of Mexico! Xlint is smiling right now cause he has the great lakes to ride on, plenty of waves to jump!

True... true.... true.....

Wish I woulda got pics of her and me out in those 6'-7'ers.

The look she gave me after doing a 360 from a wave hitting her broadside was priceless.... She looked just like this >>>>

She was riding in waves like this with her eyes CLOSED!!!!!!! Never saw the wave that hit her. (not because she was scared, but because water was spraying in her eyes)

Man, if that doesn't tell you how well a SLT hull handles the rough.

sweet we went out today on the spx
    [chant]my pistons will be here tuesday my pistons will be here tuesday[/chant]

i got her up to 50.3 on the gps pretty good for a little 657 i think it hung right up there with the yammie waverunner 800 of my friends but there was a lot of boats out today so i was able to do some jumping it was so much fun even with my wife on the back

that little sea doo sure is unstable though it wants to porpoise all the time if the water isn't glass you guys think a top loading intake grate would help it stay hooked up better???

Banned User
    +1
    I have Lake Michigan where I go lot. I have jumped the wake from a 50 footer before on my friend's SLT, but I never got up the balls to do it on a SL. Huge difference in jumping ability between the two. Usually we just follow behind my friend's 32 footer jumping back and forth across the wake. The Great Lakes are some great riding, when the water is warm enough.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	239060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001-2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	239059I have the best luck with with the wake board boats. Look for the large ones with allot of people in them. They sit down in the water the best for a small boat. At the smaller lakes it hard to find any tuna charter. If they are pulling a skier stay way back. 200 ft behind the skier. Some people are cool and some are asshole. I think it funny how a boater can swing there skier or drive any where they want on the lake. But if a jet ski get a little closer to a boat they get up set. One time i was riding across the lake and there were about 5 boats toeing skiers. They were all over the place and i thought i was going to get taken out. So I slow down and maneuver out of the nightmare. All of a sudden a cop came out of no where pull me over and lecturer me. Talk about a bunch of bull shit. I have been riding from 1994 and me and my wife have alway road side by side with about 30 to 40ft between us and never got hassled by the cops even waving at them and them waving back. Three years ago they pull us over and said we were riding to close together. They just gave us a waring. But to this day we still ride the same way. Sorry for getting off track. I love jumping wave in the ocean and the Columbia river gorge. here in a photo of Nell Scott reef off my coast. There are to many rocks to me.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surf_083.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	239061 Here is some of the riding I like but it is a little spooky if you get caught inside and the sealoin scare the hell out of you. I like to play on the out side. I don't get over there that much and the water is cold 55 deg. Burrrrrrrrr

ummm yall are nuts ill stick to my 2 footers

Thread Information