Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roller bunks?

roller bunks?

Does anyone use them?

I would love to make it easier to load and take the skis off on to a dolly.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i use Bunk Mates...

love em... i slide my ski off trailer and onto stand i built very often... and slide it back onto the trailer...

also when i';m at the ramp launching... i jsut back it in so jsut the ride plate is touching the water... unhook the ski jump on and she slides right off the trailer into the water. I love em.

just NEVER do on an incline and leave ur ski disconnected from the winch bc it will slide right off that trailer in a half second.

How is your hull Shibby? I've heard some people say that they were getting scratches from the Bunkmates.

+1
    If you trailer over long distances the bunk mates can destroy the hull gel coat finish. They did on my 2 skis. I use a product called "Liquid Rollers" It comes in a spray can and you apply it to the bunk carpeting. Drys dry so stuff won't stick to it. Works great. I swear by it !

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my hull is absolutely immaculate.... i do check often bc i had my doubts about the product in the beginning... but i love em. what i practice is before i re-load the ski onto the trailer I wipe the bunk mates clean real quick...

i would like to find the same product but in a length long enuff to go the full distance of the bunk... bc as it is now there's 3 bunk mates in 12" sections on each bunk...

+1
    Shibby; when I installed the bunkmates on my trailer, I lined them up end to end and covered the entire 6 foot bunk length. If you only used 3 per side , you must have left a large space between the plastic pieces...right? Maybe that helped prevent scratches? I know when I got to the lake after a 60 mile ride, the bunkmates were covered with a fine powder that was the same color as the hull.....they really ground into the finish. Made me swear out loud because I'm a fuss budget when it comes to the skis. I even anchor off shore rather than beach them.

Richard

That's the same experience I had with the Richard....Shibby when did you get yours? Maybe they've changed them?

I didn't have them the entire length of my trailer, I had roughly 6" in between each piece.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Liquid Rollers is a great product. Super slick, almost slid a ski off the back on a slight incline. Luckily friend was at the stern checking drain plugs.

I use Rollers, it makes launching and getting the ski on the trailer really easy, just one push and the ski is off the Trailer.

They leave no marks on the Hull, and I often drive 100 miles and back and the hull is still immaculate.

I used to have Carpet bunks on my last ski, I got mud on then once because the tide was low and I had two large scratches all the way down the hull.

How did the ski feel when on the trailer and straped down. Would it move back and forth a little?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information