Primer line routing on 98 XL1200 new carbs

Simple question, I think. I finally put a primer kit in our '98 XL1200 today. Now, I'm second guessing where I routed lines. I put the primer "nozzles" on the cylinder side of the carbs. To route the lines, I zip tied everything down to the factory fuel lines that run between carbs. It looked great on the work bench, but once installed, I realized my new primer lines are pretty dang close to the outside of the jugs. Nothing is touching, but I'd say it's all within a 1/4". Is there too much heat in this area for the clear fuel lines?

I didn't run the lines on the hull side of the carbs because there wasn't anything convenient to zip tie to. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Rich

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RJCarp2 View Post
    Simple question, I think. I finally put a primer kit in our '98 XL1200 today. Now, I'm second guessing where I routed lines. I put the primer "nozzles" on the cylinder side of the carbs. To route the lines, I zip tied everything down to the factory fuel lines that run between carbs. It looked great on the work bench, but once installed, I realized my new primer lines are pretty dang close to the outside of the jugs. Nothing is touching, but I'd say it's all within a 1/4". Is there too much heat in this area for the clear fuel lines?

I didn't run the lines on the hull side of the carbs because there wasn't anything convenient to zip tie to. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Rich
    Hello Rich, the primer should be T into the reserve hose coming out of the tank.

+1
    I posed the same question to O'Side Bill when I installed my primer kit last month. Not a problem.
    It is saweeeet how easy it starts now isn't it?

Jim's Performance - I wasn't asking where to T the line, I was asking about the physical location of the primer lines near the carbs. My post title says "...new carbs" - I meant to say "...near carbs". It won't let me edit the title.

toyterrific - Thanks for the reply So you have your lines sandwiched between the carbs and cylinders? No problems? I've only started it once since doing this, but I'm looking forward to the easy starts I've read about. This thing used to be a real nightmare to start. It ran perfect once started though.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RJCarp2 View Post
    Jim's Performance - I wasn't asking where to T the line, I was asking about the physical location of the primer lines near the carbs. My post title says "...new carbs" - I meant to say "...near carbs". It won't let me edit the title.

toyterrific - Thanks for the reply So you have your lines sandwiched between the carbs and cylinders? No problems? I've only started it once since doing this, but I'm looking forward to the easy starts I've read about. This thing used to be a real nightmare to start. It ran perfect once started though.
    Got you you should be fine.

Thread Information