Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Second weekend out on new RXP so dissapointed in it what a huge boring piece of crap!

Can't believe I wasted 11 grand on something without being able to ride it first! I hate it! I coming off an old school 1994 Yamaha VXR that wasn't the best looking or fastest out there (probably the slowest in my area) but it was so much fun to ride!! blah blah blah blah blah.....................

Sike! Just kidding! Had ya'll going!! I'm absolutely stoked with it! I was actually worried it would be too big and too heavy and non-playful and couldn't get you wet like the old school ski's like my 94 VXR and even though it has 215HP I thought that because of the size and weight it might still feel like a slug out of the hole. Boy are all my worries over! This thing can get you soaking wet! Anyone who thinks otherwise rides like an old grandpa! It's still a little cool out, not warm or hot enough to purposely get wet so I'm not 'trying' but I started to carve into hard corner and got the nose a little under the water and as I straightened out and gunned it, the water that was just starting to flow off the hood got catapulted directly into me and I got soaked from head to toe, lol. When carving corners hard or doing fish tails with the trim at one notch up from neutral, you can throw up some pretty intense sprays of water (10 to 15ft tall) which when you hit it just right, you can get yourself soaked just like the old school ski's. I can't believe people where telling me that you don't get wet on the newer bigger ski's? You gotta know how to ride!? Because I'm getting myself soaked just from my normal riding style just like I did on the old VXR and I'm not even trying to get wet since it's still not summer and hot yet.

The RXP maneuvers much better than expected and also rides and feels much smaller than it actually is! Oh and the pull of the power....love it. It hooks hard and fast out of the hole where my GPR was a slug and felt like it took a while to hook (brand new Solas impeller and wear ring looked mint). I like how you can just be cruising at around 30mph and then just gun it WOT and it sucks you back in the seat, lol, this thing is so much more intense than my old VXR and even my GP1200R in which I hated everything about that ski. Yea, for 11k I was VERY worried that I might not be satisfied with it! But this thing exceeds all my expectations with ease and then some! Just how I envisioned the perfect ski when I was having so much fun on that old VXR envisioning it with more power, more speed, more intensity, more style, while remaining a playful and wet ride - the RXP is exactly what I envisioned! The GPR wasn't even close and kinda made me shy of the newer and larger skis. That ski 'felt' larger than what it is. To me even though it's bigger, the RXP actually 'feels' smaller than the GPR when I ride it! The gas economy also seems to be much better on the RXP than the GPR!? Hard to believe!?

So much more comfortable, so much better ergonomics (gawd the ultra wide seat on the GPR is gawd awful! The RXP's seat is perfect!) So much easier to start, motor sounds like a mean V8 compared to a economy car. It can jump off the line so much harder and quicker, it remains just as playful and wet to me as the old VXR, but with so much more intensity! With dirt bikes and ATV's I always felt that the Japanese where the best and the other non-Japanese where a little corny so I was actually a little skeptical of the Seadoo brand (please forgive me, I'm a PWC newb just starting last year, hehe) but boy am I impressed with this Seadoo!

It's perfect. Everything about it is perfect from looks, style, performance, feel, and fun factor. It's so much fun I don't even care if I have to get the supercharger rebuilt every 100hrs (the thought had me kinda steering towards the new VXR) but the fun factor and enjoyment is totally worth it! Speaking of the new VXR, that thing doesn't have trim which is one thing I like playing with on the RXP. Trim down and you can do some serious corner carving. Trim all the way up for that jumping out of the water effect. Trim one up from neutral is where I like to keep it for most of my riding but I like how you can if you want to totally change the handling and ride with the trim! I'm no longer worried that the RXP might not of been my ski and that I should of went with the VXR. Thanks Seadoo for making best and most fun recreational vehicle I've ever owned to date! And coming from a Motocross racer that's owned some pretty intense thrill rides and has some pretty high expectations from a recreational vehicle that says a lot!

I am going to be spending a shit-load of money on gas this summer that's for sure, lol! Well it's not as bad on gas as I thought it would be. It's definitely better than the GPR was. Well, I don't ride WOT in a straight line non stop. My riding style is mainly mid speed corner carving with only WOT in a straight lines for a few seconds at a time.... The top speed is fun though... Ok..ok.. rants over...

+1
    Congrats

I hear ya. Finally got 4hrs. on my new 08 rxp this last week and my oh my this thing is going to be fun. Have a 98' stx1100 so this thing is a complete change for me. Just hope it's as trouble free as the old one.

+1
    I bet you hated it so much you listened to the dealer and used the learner key all weekend.........

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    I bet you hated it so much you listened to the dealer and used the learner key all weekend.........
    Hey, I was wondering about the learner key, can it be re-programmed to be a normal key for a spare? No, my dealer didn't tell me to use the learner key. I actually said he could toss it in the garbage when he handed it to me that I wouldn't be needing a learner key, heh. I read on here not to even use it during break-in. I'm following the same break-in routine I've had great luck with all my new bikes over the years. Warm it up good, vary the RPM's (no constant long straight away cruising at the same RPMs, try not to baby it too much (seat the rings good) but don't ride it like I stole it. Is it true that the computer doesn't let out full RPMs/performance until a certain amount of hours?

Quote Originally Posted by midwest272 View Post
    I hear ya. Finally got 4hrs. on my new 08 rxp this last week and my oh my this thing is going to be fun. Have a 98' stx1100 so this thing is a complete change for me. Just hope it's as trouble free as the old one.
    I'm only at about 2 1/2 hours maybe close to three (says 2 on the meter but I rode at least 1/2 hr after it went to 2 so probably have close to 3 hours so far). So you have an 08 with 4 hrs you just bought it new like me then? If only I would of known how much fun skis where before I bought my last dirt bike that RXP would of been sold to me a long time ago, lol! No seriously, after going back and riding my bike (which I just sold) last year after being glued to skis all summer I really feel much more comfortable on water and for some strange reason skis are so much more fun to me. Suppose riding bikes since 1985 to 2010 I'm just totally burned out and bored of them and skis are like starting out fresh like I'm 8 years old on my first bike again...hehe.

I have the day off work today so if the rain can hold out a little today, I'm gonna go take it out! Water temp on the gauge yesterday was 64f and air around 71. A lot of humidity rolling in so it feels real warm out. I really can't wait for nice "hot" and sunny weather though. Come on, get sunny and stop raining for a few hours!!!

+1
    I believe that you can program it as a regular key. Kidding about the dealer...

Never did see a bikini in the woods when I rode quads

Do you still have the VXR? I love my RXP but I just cant part with my old VXR,its still a fun machine to ride.........sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by wettank View Post
    Do you still have the VXR? I love my RXP but I just cant part with my old VXR,its still a fun machine to ride.........sometimes!
    Yea I still have it. I hate now that everyone knows I have a brand new one everyone assumes I'm just going to give the VXR away for peanuts! Everyone keeps asking me about it and how much I want and I'm like #1 I never said it was for sale, and #2 once I tell them the book value they frown. I'm not letting it go for $500 or something like everyone keeps trying to buy it from me offers. That thing runs like a top and doesn't leak. I left it in the river all summer and it doesn't take on a drop of water and starts right up without the choke and runs right away like it's been warmed up already almost as if it was fuel injected! I told everyone I'm not taking less than book value with the trailer. If I can get book value I'll take it and run but otherwise I'd rather keep it as a loaner. I have so many people wanting to ride with me now from friends, to family members, to co-workers. It will be worth keeping just for a loaner ski - it will get a lot of newbs hooked to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by midwest272 View Post
    Never did see a bikini in the woods when I rode quads

+1
    Keep it so you can use it to tow in the RXP when it breaks down! LOL. Just kidding! Hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information