Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Polarisitis loonatik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    812
    +1
    10

    2001 slx 1200 price?

    I have an SL650 and love playing the waves with it but still want to add a few more inches to the jump.
    There're 3 skis I'm looking at now, 98 GP1200, 03 MSX 140 and 01 SLX 1200. All good running and 8/10 cosmestic. I'm leaning toward the SLX because I have enjoy the SL hull so much and it's a 2 seater compare to the MSX. So, I would like to know what is reasonable price? I saw one on Ebay in April sold for $1700 but that's Ebay.
    Any comments?

    Best Regards,
    lntk


  2. #2

    hmm

    I paid $300.00 for mine with a trailer and had to rebuild the engine to include the crank. I think I have $900.00 total in mine. I also replaced every bearing in the pump housing.

  3. #3
    Polarisitis loonatik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    812
    +1
    10
    Hi Pastry,
    So we're looking at $900 parts plus the labor. I'll keep reading to see what it would amount to.
    Thank you,

  4. #4
    I see them sale around $2000.00 with a trailer. This is running but you never know how good it runs unless you tear it down and inspect.

    If you need to rebuild, here are a few figures to look at.
    Tripple cyclinder bore: $180.00 (have seen it go for $125-150)
    Piston Kit: $280.00 (have seen them for $250.00)
    Crank: $400 ish
    Crank seals: $25-30.00
    carb rebuild: $30-35 a carb.
    Pump rebuild: $60.00

    This does not include labor to tear down and rebuild. I did it myself with the help of the guys on this forum.

  5. #5
    casey67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lemont,IL
    Posts
    2,571
    +1
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by loonatik View Post
    I have an SL650 and love playing the waves with it but still want to add a few more inches to the jump.
    There're 3 skis I'm looking at now, 98 GP1200, 03 MSX 140 and 01 SLX 1200. All good running and 8/10 cosmestic. I'm leaning toward the SLX because I have enjoy the SL hull so much and it's a 2 seater compare to the MSX. So, I would like to know what is reasonable price? I saw one on Ebay in April sold for $1700 but that's Ebay.
    Any comments?

    Best Regards,
    lntk
    I love my '01 SLX
    <----------------

    Check with KBB for value, in my area they claim it retails for $2500

  6. #6
    Polarisitis loonatik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    812
    +1
    10
    The one I'm looking at is in good running condition with top end rebuilt. I.e. good compression, electrical wiring, pump clearance, shaft play, etc.,
    With what you've listed, I'll say 2Gs would be good deal. I think I have what I need to make the offer now.
    Thanks Pastry!

    Casey,
    One I'm looking at has exact color scheme as yours. Cool looking ski!
    I'm sure I'll love it too. Like already

  7. #7
    Now this is an appropriate speed limit sign. dragon129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Bern, North Kakalak
    Posts
    101
    I'm still sick that I didn't pick up a 00 SLX and a 00 Pro 1200 for $800 for both of them. The Pro didn't run, but the SLX did. Hard to say but IF it does have good compression numbers, I think $1700 isn't too bad.

  8. #8
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    I have an '00 SLX for sale.

  9. #9
    Polarisitis loonatik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    812
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon129 View Post
    I'm still sick that I didn't pick up a 00 SLX and a 00 Pro 1200 for $800 for both of them. The Pro didn't run, but the SLX did. Hard to say but IF it does have good compression numbers, I think $1700 isn't too bad.
    Missing a deal like that I'd be sick too LOL.
    If the seller is someone that just give you blank stare when you ask about compression and such, then $1700 may be too much. In this case the seller is a ski mechanic and guarantees his work, so even 2Gs is still a good deal. IMHO anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I have an '00 SLX for sale.
    I would check yours out if it was close. Just curious, is yours listed in this forum? I did not see one ... or not yet.
    Tks

  10. #10
    casey67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lemont,IL
    Posts
    2,571
    +1
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by loonatik View Post
    If the seller is someone that just give you blank stare when you ask about compression and such, then $1700 may be too much. In this case the seller is a ski mechanic and guarantees his work, so even 2Gs is still a good deal. IMHO anyway.
    Doing a compression test is very easy. I ask if I can do a test before even going to see the PWC,I'll even bring my own battery if needed. Sorry- I will not take anyones word for it.

    Ironically, my SLX would not start when I went to look at it (no spark- LR module) , But the compression was perfect,so I bought it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 slx 1200 rev limiter/limp mode?
    By Wilderyzed in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. WTB - Parts TDR Waterbox for 2001 SLX 1200
    By TBone14 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 04:59 PM
  3. FS Complete Part-Out 2001 SLX 1200
    By kmartin173 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 06:46 PM
  4. 2001 SLX 1200 for $1200
    By rizzo7883 in forum Polaris Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM
  5. Who has a 2001 SLX 1200?
    By Sin'sSLX in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •