riw16

Noob Help, identifying pwc

Guys,

Maybe i'm being dumb but i bought a 2001 900 stx last year and the insurance is requesting the HIN.

I've searched online and they suggested it's on the rear beneath the rubber on a little plaque.
    Others suggested it was under the battery, i've removed the battery but can't see anything.

I'm totally at a loss. I was speaking to the previous owner and he doesn't have a clue.

I'm beginning to get concerned, surely it's not only on the rear of the ski?

Any help much appreciated.

+1
    On my 1998 STX 1100, it's on a plastic plate under the rub rail, directly above the exhaust. Many Kawis have an additional HIN mounted under the lining of the battery box, but not the STX. I found the second one on mine, but I don't remember for certain where it was. I'm pretty sure it's under the waterbox. You'll have to do some disassembly to find it there; remove the rubber straps and inlet/outlet hoses.

riw16
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    On my 1998 STX 1100, it's on a plastic plate under the rub rail, directly above the exhaust. Many Kawis have an additional HIN mounted under the lining of the battery box, but not the STX. I found the second one on mine, but I don't remember for certain where it was. I'm pretty sure it's under the waterbox. You'll have to do some disassembly to find it there; remove the rubber straps and inlet/outlet hoses.
    Thank you. The one on the back is missing so I will need to look for the 2nd one. I'll take a look where you describe

+1
    Any luck???

riw16
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Any luck???
    No not yet. I haven't removed the waterbox. I looked up my service manual and it said I needed to remove loads of bits to get to it. Which put me off as I didn't want to break anything

When you purchased the ski did you receive the transfer of title? It should be listed there and also on the state regrestartion certificate which here in Texas is required to be carried with the ski.
    Good luck and welcome to Greenhulk.net forum.

Thread Information