Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 FX Cruiser HO Opinnions

My wife needs a ride of her own. We found a 2005 FX Cruiser HO that we will be looking at tonight and I wanted some info on it before we get there. What are some pro's and con's with the FX HO model. Thanks for your input.

+1
    My buddy has an '06 HO and it's a very nice ski. IMO pro's are fuel mileage and longevity. Not going to be the fastest on the water, though.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I have a '07 FXHO and I love it. Like Craig said...not the fastest,,but runs forever and cheap on gas.
    There are several guys and different threads on the forum about the FXHO models...

It is a great all around ski.I just sold my 04, I loved it , I hope I don't regret selling it.

possibly looking at an 03 this weekend with 73 hours. are the pro's the same as the 05 ? any con's other than being a little slow whats an average speed on these ?

Quote Originally Posted by GPR305 View Post
    possibly looking at an 03 this weekend with 73 hours. are the pro's the same as the 05 ? any con's other than being a little slow whats an average speed on these ?
    55-57 mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    It is a great all around ski.I just sold my 04, I loved it , I hope I don't regret selling it.
    You will I guarantee it!!! Simply the best all around ride on the water, Julio...

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    You will I guarantee it!!! Simply the best all around ride on the water, Julio...
    I hope not Julio,but if I do I'll sell my new SHO and get another FX HO. I think I'll miss the gas milage...lol!

Thanks for your advice everyone. This was one of those no brainers, as soon as the seller opened the garage door we knew this was well taken care of. Not a scratch on the hull and the engine compartment is clean as a whistle. Took it for short spin and knew right away this was perfect for my wife (birthday present). Stable and smooth with just enough speed so she wont kill herself. Has 70 hrs on it and we paid 4500.00 for it.

I have a 2008 FX HO, this is the first yeat on Nano X hull and the last year of the MR-1 engine, my top speed GPS is 61mph, the ski goes forever on a tank of gas and you can really tell there's reduced weight in the hull. If you can find a good used 2008 model, snatch it up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information