Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Owner of RXT-X 08 Have a few questions

Hey everyone I now own a RXT-X 08 and am having some issues with it. It runs for about 6 minutes and then dies. It does not run rough before stalling out it just kind of fades away. mostly just idling around letting it warm up but nothing at top speed highest I have seen the speedo is 41 mph. It reminds me of my 96 GTX when it runs out of gas but after I pull it from the water and drive it home about 15 minutes away it will start right up and run ok on the trailer. I have replaced Antifreeze, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, checked the pump jet grease, and put new gas in it.

NOTE: TechIsCool and Blackley1 are both reporting parties on the same ski. Just so you don't get confused

also have a few pictures of things that I am not sure about.

I believe this is an Air Filter that should normally connect to the inbound air on the left of the battery.

This the pump jet grease picture should I replace it?

sorry for the blurry image

Any Help would be awesome
    Last edited by TechIsCool; 05-18-2011 at 12:37 PM.

+1
    The First pic is of a home made catch can. Looks normal.
    Pump grease looks ok.
    What mods are done to the ski?

Just found the how-to talking about the catch-can.

Everything is stock I think but not sure since I have yet to talk to the previous owner it was a dealer sale. But it has a new stock grate and Supper Charger installed on it.

+1
    Not displaying any messages on the Gauges?

+1
    does it die and you have to start is again or will it just not run over 41

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    does it die and you have to start is again or will it just not run over 41
    Reminds me of my 96 GTX being flooded it will restart but you have to wait a some time before turning it over again. then it comes back up and runs for another 6 minutes or so. Have not had it out that much because I have read about horror stories of running them for prolonged situations without figuring out and weather in Washington suck right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    Not displaying any messages on the Gauges?
    No error on the gauges kind of irritating that there is not an error.

+1
    so you do not get any alarms at all it just dies, have you checked the fuel filter?

Lightbulb RXT-X 255 (2008) - Troubleshooting with no error codes

Hello,

Just got a used RXT-X 255 (2008) it has ~75 hours and the supercharger has just been replaced. We have just replaced all the fluids in the ski. (thats the history)

Our current problem is that the ski (on the trailer) will run just fine for 2->4 minutes. As soon as we launch the ski it runs for a short time with good performance but after about 6 minutes of riding (never exceeding 6000 rpm) upon landing off a wave (not hard there were only 3' waves) and the ski immediately lost its power (the throttle did not respond) and over 10 seconds it proceed to slowly die. After this I attempted to start the ski 3 times each time the ski would turn over but never actually start. After pulling the ski out of the water (about 10 minutes later) the ski will start up. During this period there were no error codes displayed on the ski and removing / plugging the key did not change the beep (it stayed with the 2 short beeps identifying a proper key).

The only conclusion that we can come up with so far is that the T.O.P.S. sensor is failing or broken. We were unable to test the sensor once removed and have decided (for testing purposes only) to bypass the sensor to eliminate this possibility from many.

Could the T.O.P.S. sensor be the cause of this? Is bypassing it a safe idea (for testing only)? What other component should we test next if its not the sensor?

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Yes, that sounds like a reasonable analysis. Bypassing the sensor will never hurt unless the ski gets flipped over while the engine is on. It's also not recommended to run you ski out of the water for more than 1-2 minutes at a time. The carbon seal will get hot and eventually fail.

Quote Originally Posted by blackley1 View Post
    Hello,

Just got a used RXT-X 255 (200 it has ~75 hours and the supercharger has just been replaced. We have just replaced all the fluids in the ski. (thats the history)

Our current problem is that the ski (on the trailer) will run just fine for 2->4 minutes. As soon as we launch the ski it runs for a short time with good performance but after about 6 minutes of riding (never exceeding 6000 rpm) upon landing off a wave (not hard there were only 3' waves) and the ski immediately lost its power (the throttle did not respond) and over 10 seconds it proceed to slowly die. After this I attempted to start the ski 3 times each time the ski would turn over but never actually start. After pulling the ski out of the water (about 10 minutes later) the ski will start up. During this period there were no error codes displayed on the ski and removing / plugging the key did not change the beep (it stayed with the 2 short beeps identifying a proper key).

The only conclusion that we can come up with so far is that the T.O.P.S. sensor is failing or broken. We were unable to test the sensor once removed and have decided (for testing purposes only) to bypass the sensor to eliminate this possibility from many.

Could the T.O.P.S. sensor be the cause of this? Is bypassing it a safe idea (for testing only)? What other component should we test next if its not the sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Last Two post above are a merged thread from my brother that missed my thread but still relevant information

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    so you do not get any alarms at all it just dies, have you checked the fuel filter?
    No alarms at all Have yet to pull the fuel filter.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information