Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i/c ?

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1

i/c ?

wondering why riva only offers a relocation kit for the rxpX, but offers a complete i/c and pipe upgrade for the 215 model. i did notice that fizzle makes an i/c kit with pipes that i think is offered as an upgrade on the 255, but why doesnt riva? is the '10-'11 i/c different from '08-'09? also, the riva rear intake seems like a good set-up, but its fairly new and id like to hear some feedback before dropping $400! tia

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    wondering why riva only offers a relocation kit for the rxpX, but offers a complete i/c and pipe upgrade for the 215 model. i did notice that fizzle makes an i/c kit with pipes that i think is offered as an upgrade on the 255, but why doesnt riva? is the '10-'11 i/c different from '08-'09? also, the riva rear intake seems like a good set-up, but its fairly new and id like to hear some feedback before dropping $400! tia
    Because the RXP-X comes with a very good external intercooler from the factory, it just works better and frees up some room in the engine bay if you re-locate it. The X ICers do fail from time to time from high water pressures and in that case you would need to replace it, other then that there is very little reason to upgrade the actual intercooler on the 255hp skis.

Yes the latest intercoolers are different, they have a different core but are proving to be very good as well.

What ski do you have???

The Riva rear air for the RXP has been around for many years now, its very good but you have to be carefull not to suck water down it. Im pretty sure it will fit the RXP-X if the intercooler has been re-located.

Also for info the actual intercooler that is used in Riva's gen 2 intercooler upgrade for the 215 skis is a factory 255hp intercooler.

R88

+1
    Welcome to the forum:

wondering why riva only offers a relocation kit for the rxpX, but offers a complete i/c and pipe upgrade for the 215 model.
    All 215 models have an internal cooler all 255 (X models ) have an external intercooler. The kit is to reposition the cooler to help clean up the engine bay and make things accessible without have to always remove the cooler

i did notice that fizzle makes an i/c kit with pipes that i think is offered as an upgrade on the 255, but why doesnt riva?
    The fizzle kit is a upgrade for all 215 internally innercooled engines

is the '10-'11 i/c different from '08-'09? also, the riva rear intake seems like a good set-up, but its fairly new and id like to hear some feedback before dropping $400! tia
    All 215 models have an internal intercooler, all 255 models have an external intercooler.

As far as intakes the rear is a faster setup and will give you a 100rpm gain but is more prone to water ingestion if you ride in rough seas/jump the ski/or play around on it doing tail slides and such. The front intake the fizzle sells is safer but not failsafe, but the risk of water entering the intake is reduced greatly. This is my opinion others will chime in. Its your call on gaining 100rpms and possible water ingestion or do a front intake and make the risk of water ingestion closer to zero. Try the search function next time, a lot of the info you need has more than likely been covered already.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Because the RXP-X comes with a very good external intercooler from the factory, it just works better and frees up some room in the engine bay if you re-locate it. The X ICers do fail from time to time from high water pressures and in that case you would need to replace it, other then that there is very little reason to upgrade the actual intercooler on the 255hp skis.

Yes the latest intercoolers are different, they have a different core but are proving to be very good as well.

What ski do you have???

The Riva rear air for the RXP has been around for many years now, its very good but you have to be carefull not to suck water down it. Im pretty sure it will fit the RXP-X if the intercooler has been re-located.

Also for info the actual intercooler that is used in Riva's gen 2 intercooler upgrade for the 215 skis is a factory 255hp intercooler.

R88
    thanks for the reply! i just picked up a 2011 rxpX last week and im still breaking it in, but i already LOVE it. im planing a mod path and dont want to spend money where its not needed. i thought the riva rear intake was new (4tecperf.com showed it as a new product for may) i just dont want to always worry about hydrolocking the motor. has anyone fitted an air filter directly to the supercharger? thats what im going to try and do...anyway thanks brotha

+1
    thanks for the reply! i just picked up a 2011 rxpX last week and im still breaking it in, but i already LOVE it. im planing a mod path and dont want to spend money where its not needed. i thought the riva rear intake was new (4tecperf.com showed it as a new product for may) i just dont want to always worry about hydrolocking the motor. has anyone fitted an air filter directly to the supercharger? thats what im going to try and do...anyway thanks brotha

I've seen people fit air filters directly to the charger, it's not a great idea IMO. You want the coolest air possible, plus you run the risk of sucking in water from the bilge into it.. Don't be afraid of the rear air, Riva has to say what they have to say to cover their [email protected]@. I've ridden in all kinds of different conditions and have never had a problem with water ingestion. It' a mod that's well worth the money. It includes the catch can which is great for keeping oil out of your SC tract. Just stay away from wake jumping and landing the tail hard.

+1
    ^ do you have any installed pics you could post? it is the shortest routed intake (besides the cheap looking "gulper") and it gets fresh air from outside which is nice, but i love doing doughnuts and jumping big swirly waves...

+1
    ^ do you have any installed pics you could post? it is the shortest routed intake (besides the cheap looking "gulper") and it gets fresh air from outside which is nice, but i love doing doughnuts and jumping big swirly waves...
    I don't have a pic with me at the moment, at work. Can post one later or maybe another member can chime in.

Given your riding style you may be better off going the kanaflex route, you just run the kanaflex off the charger, then loop it to the front off the ski with an air filter. Fizzle sells a kit in the store.http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1160

+1
    thanks for the input brotha...if you could post up pics after work that would be appreciated

Banned User
    +1
    that "cheap looking guzzzler" works just as good as the riva that i promise... and will save you a couple bucks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    that "cheap looking guzzzler" works just as good as the riva that i promise... and will save you a couple bucks!
    Probably better. The Riva really chokes down at the s/c

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information