Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

choosing the performance level when using the SLO key.

Hi

Does anybody know if their is a way to choose how much an owner wants to restrict the performance level of their pwc when using the SLO key?

For instance if I want my 13 year old nephew who has a restricted pwc licence in the part of the world I live in and can only travel at like a top speed of 10knots, is their a way to make his key only operate the pwc up to that speed and that is it?

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    only if you use a motec and fit a couple of maps

kev

+1
    dont know why you would want to do this, my 12&14yr olds can handle it just fine they know their limitations and yes we know all about the restricted licences they both have, they use common sense when around others and the law. but you could do as you have asked with a litttle mucking around by fabricating a stopper on the throttle body or by cable adjustment, but power delivery will be affected depending on riding in swells or flat water.
    or better still buy them an old x2 or similar.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    dont know why you would want to do this
    Hi

All explained in the opening post.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    hi answered in post 3 if you didnt like the answer dont give him the keys and give him a paddle instead lmao. seriously,
    so what you really want is a no wake mode switchable by the slo key,
    maybe the easiest way is to show him how the no wake function operates and be done with that.

+1
    if you didnt like the answer dont give him the keys/show him how the no wake function operates
    Hi

I like your answer and will give the keys to my nephew and he allready knows what the no wake function does so I don't have to teach him that. However my reasons for having a selectable performance mode with the SLO key is more of a safety factor and removing the temptation and possible danger from a high speed incident similar to an 18 year old p plater behind the wheel of a powerful car losing control at 200km'h, perhaps call me responsible and wanting to promote and enforce responsible pwc riding as a loving and caring uncle.

regards,

OZFXSHO

True sens of responsability is not the ideal of restricting a recreational vehicle ment for adults, it is the understanding that one must say no if he believes the child is not responsible or trustworthy enough to handle said vehicle.

Suggestion: let the kid drive it with you in the back of it, under supervision, then once you trust him and his capabilities, give him the slo key, then move on up.

So are you saying that in Australia, kids can only go 10mph on a pwc due to a restricted license? -wait...you need a license? and I thought France was bad...yikes (scratching Aussi from the list of place to live -bummer )

+1
    having a licence prevents the number of f&^%kwits on the water + allows kids from the age of 12 to gain valuble experience in controlling a craft/boat. they become un-restricted at 16yrs.

+1
    oxfxsho you are being very quite for a guy that has come from a sho to a new 300 in the past couple of weeks? you ask alot of questions but have said zippo

+1
    oxfxsho you are being very quite for a guy that has come from a sho to a new 300 in the past couple of weeks? you ask alot of questions but have said zippo
    Hmm

Me quiet?...you serious? I thought I was the outspoken one!

I fitted some of the Riva bits today so I am happy, the freeflow exhaust was an absolute bitch to fit. I might fit my R&D extended fuel pick up when their is hardly any fuel in the tank.

regards,

OZFXSHO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information