Replacing tongue jack caster wheel

Are there any bigger, more rubberized type casters taht can be put on the tongue jack?
    My trailer has a short tongue which makes it heavy to lift, 03 gp1300r, and a pain to move. Mostly because my car port has loose rock mix for a floor instead of a hard surface. The current wheel just digs into the ground when I try to push it and as I said it is a lot of effort to pick the ski up and move itexactly where I want it.

So, can I put a bigger more rubberized or inflatable type caster on the tongue? Something that will roll easier over loose rock/pebbles.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    Are there any bigger, more rubberized type casters taht can be put on the tongue jack?
    My trailer has a short tongue which makes it heavy to lift, 03 gp1300r, and a pain to move. Mostly because my car port has loose rock mix for a floor instead of a hard surface. The current wheel just digs into the ground when I try to push it and as I said it is a lot of effort to pick the ski up and move itexactly where I want it.

So, can I put a bigger more rubberized or inflatable type caster on the tongue? Something that will roll easier over loose rock/pebbles.

you need one of these - http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...lly-37510.html

they work great!

Definitely a viable option. I guess I kinda had blinders on for replaing the wheel versus usng a dolly
    One question though, that particular one says 600 lb capacity. Does it work ok for ski's?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    Definitely a viable option. I guess I kinda had blinders on for replaing the wheel versus usng a dolly
    One question though, that particular one says 600 lb capacity. Does it work ok for ski's?
    I have that exact one and it works great. The 600 lb capacity is the weight it can support, IMO. Technically, trailers should be setup so that about 10% of the weight is at the tongue. So if you ski is 1000 lbs and the trailer is another couple hundred lbs, then the weight on the tongue should be less then 200 lbs.

I use mine on a heavy, double trailer with a GTI and GPRXP on it. Technically, that's like 300 lbs on the tongue.

I have seen other models out there, i think Overton's has one, etc. But I found this one locally and it works great.

Ahh....it was late, for me, when I posted this earlier and didn't think about tongue weight.
    Thanks again for the tip.

Thread Information