Planet exhaust bypass

I want to remove the planet exhaust system in the 2000 virage TX and replace it with a single hose.

What is a direct replacement that will work for my purpose. I have looked at 3 inch straight tubing and it is $22.00 a foot. I would also need some 90 degree angles to build my own. Problem is, there is no store around here with 90's.

What can you offer?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new virage 004.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	239219
    you mean something like this with a factory hose

you'd need a coupler to change sizes between the hose on the left side of pic. the hose is a factory Polaris item. came in the factory pipe triple kit for the Virage but its something off a early ski. not much height in the crossover like later model skis

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new virage 004.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	239219
    you mean something like this with a factory hose

you'd need a coupler to change sizes between the hose on the left side of pic. the hose is a factory Polaris item. came in the factory pipe triple kit for the Virage but its something off a early ski. not much height in the crossover like later model skis
    That's what I'm looking for but I I'm still scratching my head. I guess I just wanted to know what ski would be a direct replacement hose and where to get the coupler.
    I even contacted a muffler shop to have them fab me one with stainless steel tube.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    measure the waterbox outlet size.look on ebay for a crossover hose that looks like this one.have them measure the id.once you get the hose,measure the other hose end in your hul and go to autozone or such and get an aluminum or steel reducer/coupler

I made one from abs pvc for a template. I am having a stainless steel one built by a local shop.

How did this end up coming out? Where are the pictures?! I'm looking to do this to my 2001 virage, just to clean it up and maybe it will make a little more noise, probably no power increase, but you never know!

+1
    No power increase by removing, but a friend had a 2000 virage tx & when we added a hot seat waterbox there was a speed increase without any sound increase, I was suprised the planet system worked so well.

Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    No power increase by removing, but a friend had a 2000 virage tx & when we added a hot seat waterbox there was a speed increase without any sound increase, I was suprised the planet system worked so well.

whatis a hot seat waterbox??? pictures info please. would this work a on freedom? or waste of time.

+1
    Hot Seat waterbox was a brand of performance muffler, they are not made anymore & where for the 900-1050-1200 Polaris engines.

Thread Information