Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15

    Riva super charger gear holder...WTF?

    Okay, so i lost my R&D supercharger gearholder and I only have my Riva gear holder like this one...http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=317

    I know this sounds stupid but I can't figure out how to hold the S/C gear to check my slip for the life of me...
    Eff this half ass tool....haha...
    Anyone care to shed some light on this peice...
    Also, I was looking at my SC washers on my X charger that I purschesed from jerry last october and it seems to have the New style rotax racing washers instead of the OEM gold washers...Does this make sense???


  2. #2
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Okay, so i lost my R&D supercharger gearholder and I only have my Riva gear holder like this one...http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=317

    I know this sounds stupid but I can't figure out how to hold the S/C gear to check my slip for the life of me...
    Eff this half ass tool....haha...
    Anyone care to shed some light on this peice...
    Also, I was looking at my SC washers on my X charger that I purschesed from jerry last october and it seems to have the New style rotax racing washers instead of the OEM gold washers...Does this make sense???
    all i can tell u is that piece slides over the gear.

  3. #3
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    That's not a riva tool.... that's the pos OEM gear holding tool. It works like a spanner wrench. Using you left hand, hold that wrench on the top of the gear... as you use your right hand to rotate the 17mm nut with your torque wrench clockwise to check the slip. Good luck.... that gear holding tool sucks!

    The new style oem washers came out in mid 2010.... so that makes sense that you have them.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,237
    +1
    10
    I couldnt figure it out either when I see it. I tried to go on the top of the gear. But the trick is to go infront of the gear and slide the tool into the gear. If that makes sense.

  5. #5
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    That's not a riva tool.... that's the pos OEM gear holding tool. It works like a spanner wrench. Using you left hand, hold that wrench on the top of the gear... as you use your right hand to rotate the 17mm nut with your torque wrench clockwise to check the slip. Good luck.... that gear holding tool sucks!

    The new style oem washers came out in mid 2010.... so that makes sense that you have them.
    counter clockwise ? these are a POS but luckily im only holding for 10footpounds. the oem SC nut holder wrench blows nads. but can double as a bottle opener

  6. #6
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    In all honesty, r u sure you should be tinkering with the s/c if you can't work out how to use the tool? It certainly isn't rocket science haha... But yer it is a crappy tool.

  7. #7
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Speed Freek is correct - you SLIDE it in front of the gear over the gear teeth! Once that is done it works just fine........ go have a beer.

  8. #8
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    In all honesty, r u sure you should be tinkering with the s/c if you can't work out how to use the tool? It certainly isn't rocket science haha... But yer it is a crappy tool.
    Have you used the oem one?

  9. #9
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Have you used the oem one?
    I've been using mine for 3 years without issue.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,237
    +1
    10
    They do wear out. The tooth point will wear out and it will keep slipping off. I know a local guy does alot of work on his and friends chargers and his tool is worn out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Yamaha Riva/HKS Super Charger dampener gear Brand new
    By RichieFZR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
  2. FS Riva Super Charger Kit
    By DeOneRacing in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
  3. Riva Super Charger and Parts
    By DeOneRacing in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 03:08 AM
  4. riva stage 3 super charger brand new
    By Extrememotors in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
  5. Stage 3 Riva Pro Series Super Charger Advice
    By Baden Gray in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •