+1

Ultra 300's in Panama City

Picked up my Ultra in Murietta, GA on the way to the UWP IJSBA first round on Panama City Beach.

If anything, it looked so badass I just knew I was going to win on it. lol

It is a stock class boat with steering, speed limiter bypass, plate, sponsons, grate and air intake. Mountain Motorsports has a great facility and it was cool to see their awesome projects.

Off to Panama City on Friday late afternoon and the storms were moving thru. My buddy insisted that I get a ride in before the race the next morning as I haven't ridden in 7 months and had previously been riding an fzr. So with the assistance of the very friendly TAD racing crew (literally minutes after meeting them for the first time) we got the ultra in the water which was quite rough.

It was so rough it was hard to get a judge on how the ski worked. The snap was great and for the couple of seconds I could carve some turns that weren't smack in the middle of a 3 to 4' wave it seemed like it was on rails. I was actually winded after 10 minutes of riding. Now I was getting nervous about Saturday's race.

On to the cliffs of the Ultras in the race:
    Tyler White of TAD racing raced his Stock class ultra in PRO RA OPEN and PRO RA STOCK for an Ironman effort. He ended up finishing second to Macclugage! Awesome job Tyler and his crew for kicking ass on a very mild bolt on boat in some of the roughest water I've seen.

Dustin Farthing made everyone in PRO RA OPEN want to retire after nearly winning the 1st race on Hardwicke's stock class 300 (even after submarining it) and then switching to his boat and I believe lapping the field in the next two motos.

I ran in Amateur RA Stock and won my first moto, DNS second moto due to user error (milkshake in crankcase from way too much water ingestion) and was making my way to first in the last moto when I got ripped off my ski railing a turn way too fast on a crashing 4' wave .

Ryan Hardwicke's boat wasn't the same after it got submarined, but was hauling before that.

All in all, I'd say it was definately Ultra water and I almost felt like I was cheating by having the 300 .

Thanks again to Tawd (Hitman on here) and TAD Racing for all the help throughout the weekend. I was very unprepared for this type of race on such a challenging beach and surf, but hopefully have learned from it and will be ready next time.

This weekend I should have some real world riding out at the Ozarks and will report back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcb1.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	783.3 KB 
ID:	239216

Name:	pcb3.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	732.0 KB 
ID:	239217

Name:	pcb2.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	765.6 KB 
ID:	239218

+1
    The steering kit is the Farthing Racing/Mountain Motorsports kit. I'll try to post some close ups of the steering kit.

2011 N/A champ 2011-2012 turbo champ elpeladodelsamba's Avatar
    +1
    awesome video the one of tyle white saw it on robert carreon`s facebook page yesterday . 2 videos are a blast to watch.

Congrats on the purchase, and winning the moto! Yep...TAD are a Cool group of dudes!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    How would you compare the FZR vs the 300?

FZR = zo6 vette
    Ultra300=cts-v

Seriously, its hard to say because the conditions were so rough, but I'll know alot more after this weekend. The pump and acceleration on this ski are unreal and it actually wants to turn. Can't wait to ride in some better conditions.

Thread Information