Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wichita, Ks.
    Posts
    248
    +1
    1

    Need help with AFR guage

    I am wanting to know what is the safest setting for the AFR guage? I live in Kansas and the lake that I go to all the time the barometric pressure is 29.77, dewpoint is 38 degrees and the relative humidity is 46% as of today 5/17 ( Tues.) at 10:00pm. I have a 2006 RXP and it has a stage 3 kit on it. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.


  2. #2
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFR-Table.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	239239
    Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    I am wanting to know what is the safest setting for the AFR guage? I live in Kansas and the lake that I go to all the time the barometric pressure is 29.77, dewpoint is 38 degrees and the relative humidity is 46% as of today 5/17 ( Tues.) at 10:00pm. I have a 2006 RXP and it has a stage 3 kit on it. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
    i think i got this from skoepp

  3. #3
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Yer that table seems pretty accurate. U want to see 11.7-11.9 at WOT. Idle and mid range should be in the 13's somewhere I believe

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wichita, Ks.
    Posts
    248
    +1
    1
    Thanks for the chart but I now have a question according to the chart it shows that if my boost is at 14 which I am at about 14-16lb boost (with the RPM's around 8600) that it should be at 11.9 and when I got it to the 11's last year it ran like crap. It seemed to run alot better at 12.4 or 12.5 but it was running very rich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  5. #5
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    Thanks for the chart but I now have a question according to the chart it shows that if my boost is at 14 which I am at about 14-16lb boost (with the RPM's around 8600) that it should be at 11.9 and when I got it to the 11's last year it ran like crap. It seemed to run alot better at 12.4 or 12.5 but it was running very rich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    How do you know it was running rich?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wichita, Ks.
    Posts
    248
    +1
    1
    I was told that the white part should be white and if it is dark colored then it is running rich is this true?

  7. #7
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    I was told that the white part should be white and if it is dark colored then it is running rich is this true?
    Yes. Dark colored kinda gray or black? If your plugs show you are rich, and your gauge is showing you to be boarder line lean, I would try another afr sensor. I had one giving me false readings last weekend.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    35
    +1
    1
    Where is your sensor located? In the Jpipe or tapped in the manifold? Is either location better than the other?

  9. #9
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Where is your sensor located? In the Jpipe or tapped in the manifold? Is either location better than the other?
    Mine is in the manifold.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wichita, Ks.
    Posts
    248
    +1
    1
    Mine is in the J-pipe. I am not sure if one place is better then the other.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with the XLL
    By Smitty in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
  2. Need help with pump issue
    By Flyer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
  3. OK, need help with the small stuff now
    By Smitty in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 01:55 PM
  4. Need help with a Sony Handycam
    By kenshin89 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
  5. Need help with 04 S.C. rebuild
    By Turbo Todd in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •