Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

How is this possible, 13/22r & 13/24 ST

I am big time confused at the moment, yesterday we went to test a friend's FZR that has a C5, R3 & Skat Trak 13/24 ....

[email protected] .... very good speed comparing to the rpm, so what I need to do is push the rpm upto 8400-8500 to reach 80mph ...

then tested it with a Solas 13/22r ... [email protected] ...

tests were done back to back with the same jocky (me) ...

How is this possible? only an extra 60 rpm is the difference switching these impellers made?

couple of weeks ago I was testing FX Sho with E1 and 13/22r, [email protected] (R2 limiter) ... changed the impeller to Skat Trak 13/24 ... [email protected] ... then tried a Skat Trak 13/25 [email protected] ... weird right? ....

It seems that the Solas 13/22r does not follow the common impeller pitch/rpm law that i experience with Skat Trak ...

Any similar cases?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I am big time confused at the moment, yesterday we went to test a friend's FZR that has a C5, R3 & Skat Trak 13/24 ....

[email protected] .... very good speed comparing to the rpm, so what I need to do is push the rpm upto 8400-8500 to reach 80mph ...

then tested it with a Solas 13/22r ... [email protected] ...

tests were done back to back with the same jocky (me) ...

How is this possible? only an extra 60 rpm is the difference switching these impellers made?

couple of weeks ago I was testing FX Sho with E1 and 13/22r, [email protected] (R2 limiter) ... changed the impeller to Skat Trak 13/24 ... [email protected] ... then tried a Skat Trak 13/25 [email protected] ... weird right? ....

It seems that the Solas 13/22r does not follow the common impeller pitch/rpm law that i experience with Skat Trak ...

Any similar cases?
    With the prop testing I have done which is a lot of props on yamaha's through the years (50-75+ Props) The solas and the scat props when pitched the same pitch gave similar rpm's + or - 100 rpm's. If you are testing these props off there stamped pitch numbers on the prop they are never what the actual pitch is on them from the manafacturer. The ONLY way to test a prop is to FIRST check the prop pitch in a good quality pitch gauge and verify what the actual pitch is. MY comments on your test are= #1 On the FX sho I supect with the 13/22r you were on the soft rev limiter giving you the 8650 rpm that matched the 8650 rpms of the scat 14/24 and then when you went to the13/25 you just had too tall a prop for that HP. As for speeds I see a lot of different props/pitches/rpm's all produce compariable speed numbers to each other. #2 The fzr is not up to speed that it should be with the mods listed unless you have the ski way to tight on the water which can cost you 3-5 mph easley if the rideplate and or shimming have the nose of the ski buried in the water. It may be that this ski is not making its best hp for some reason also #3 My testing on a fx/fz show that a solas prop is .5 to 1 mph faster than a scat prop how ever the overall results it seams that the scat is a better all round choice for the fx/fz when the correct pitch is used. Tommy Jordan

Thread Information