Thread: POP Quiz :)

Talking POP Quiz :)

Guys,

i need your answer on this,

1) What is the difference between C3 and B1 ? and which one is better ?

2) can a C5 supercharged impeller run smooth without installing riva IC or R&D and without R&D ECU (R2,R3) ? and what can you do if you want it to give more boost ?

3) what is the advantage of installing R&D Powershot with the C3 or the B1 ? (terms of boost, mph, acceleration)

lets see your answers

+1
    I can only answer question 2 really because I have never tested the C3 or B1 wheel. I just went straight to the E1.
    2) Yes it can run smooth but IAT's will be very high and you will be leaving alot of performance trust me. I went from the stock I/C upgrade to the Power cooler and WOW, what a difference, so you can only imagine what it would have done from the stock I/C right to the Power cooler. If you want more boost you can buy the RIVA boost clamp,
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1538
    and that will remove the boost limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by bio_qassem View Post
    Guys,

i need your answer on this,

1) What is the difference between C3 and B1 ? and which one is better ?
    Different brands, some claim the RD wheels run cooler or more cfm...some claim otherwise. No real facts for comparing, similar boost numbers. (I have no complaints with my c3)

2) can a C5 supercharged impeller run smooth without installing riva IC or R&D and without R&D ECU (R2,R3) ? and what can you do if you want it to give more boost ?
    It will run hot (the intake air), without a tune and likely lean ( to much air) which isnt good (detonation). Without a powershot (or boost clamp) you will only see 5.5 pounds of boost. Without out the elevated limiter even with the powershot or boost clamp you wont see full rated boost at 7750rpm. RD also claims to have little to no surge compared to other wheels.

3) what is the advantage of installing R&D Powershot with the C3 or the B1 ? (terms of boost, mph, acceleration)
    Without it you will only see 5.5 psi,Power shot raises to boost limiter to 10 psi fine for c3, b1 boost levels if you are running the stock rpm limiter and helps fine tune air fuel ratios. Reflash gets your boost limit up to 16psi in some tunes or unlimited in others, raised rev limits, aggressive timing. After market ECUs do all of the above and then some, allowing custom tunes to be done with a laptop at the users choice (hopefully educated...)

lets see your answers
    All of these mods will put you into the stock rev limiter and require prop changes, a bov is a good idea,intake grate (MUST HAVE, safety issue even on stock FZ skis). Adjust leading edges help for c3, b1 boost levels to control cavitation. Dual prop and 160mm props will be the best (but not only) solution for cavitation when running a c5 and up wheel. Its always more than the wheel to get the speed. Lots of other bumps in the road, but unless you plan on cranking the boost you wont hit them all...

+1
    Although I did not go this route, I would recommend going with an IC before a wheel. To take advantage of any additional boost, you will need either a Powershot or a reflash--I'd go with a reflash.

But before these mods I'd go with an intake grate, FF intake and exhaust and remove the intake ribbon.

Thread Information