Thread: 10% ethanol?

Cool 10% ethanol?

WILL THIS GAS HURT MY RXP, I LOOKED ALL OVER FOR A PLACE WITHOUT IT AND ONLY FOUND ONE AND IT ONLY SELLS 87. sO DO I RUN 87 WITHOUT ETHANOL OR 93 WITH IT OR PUT 87 AND PUT A OCTANE BOOST. i HAVE WORK DONE ON MY RXP. AND GIRLFRIEND HAS 2 STROKE ULTRA 150 BONE STOCK. ANYONE HELP ME OUT, I DON'T WANT TO MESS UP EITHER. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? THANKS, SCOTT

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    What area are you in? Here in dallas some places are going to 15%! Theres a product i use at Autozone from LUCAS OIL thats an additive especially for the fuel components in the fuel system caused from ethanol ,however it wont make up for lost performance as it takes more fuel to run the carbed 2 strokes now as to when it was built then.Gas then didn't have ethanol in it and like alcohol,it takes more(ask me how i know)I spent hours trying to figure out last season what the hell was wrong with my 98 GSX LTD,bogging in turns, under a load,less throttle response etc...i had those carbs off a dozen times looking at everything and replacing everything and knowing that it was a fuel problem somewhere?? And one night at the end of the last season it just hit me! I need to re-jet,...so after trial and error "lol" and alot of BS and a PITA work i ended up moving the low and high jets up by 10. i.e the pilots (low jet) were 80 and i went to 90 as to have some adjustment room.This is what i did to achieve that boast of badass throttle response and power that it had years back! As far as the rxp ,i put it in that too because i know several people who have had injectors go bad from this crap. its just what i learned, goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by scartigue View Post
    WILL THIS GAS HURT MY RXP, I LOOKED ALL OVER FOR A PLACE WITHOUT IT AND ONLY FOUND ONE AND IT ONLY SELLS 87. sO DO I RUN 87 WITHOUT ETHANOL OR 93 WITH IT OR PUT 87 AND PUT A OCTANE BOOST. i HAVE WORK DONE ON MY RXP. AND GIRLFRIEND HAS 2 STROKE ULTRA 150 BONE STOCK. ANYONE HELP ME OUT, I DON'T WANT TO MESS UP EITHER. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? THANKS, SCOTT
    u are able to run 87 in the rxp's,although anyone here well tell u not to:atleast mid grade no less..the octane boost is not a permanante fix it has a whole lot of additives in it that are soppuse to enhance the fuel u are using,but you wont ever be able to replace the 2 or more octanes you are missing in the gas..there are products out there will treaat for the ethanol in the gas, most any auto parts store will carry them.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    here's a column:
    Attachment 239361
    damn thing is some crazy language and im not smart enough to figure how fix it

+1
    Use the ethanol fuel with 10-15 percent. Just go and buy some Stabil Marine and use it with each fill up.... Don't sweat the small stuff... Run 93 in your ski..... at least for the RXP.... You will thank me later. You run the risk of detonation... You are supposed to use 91 plus....

Thanks too all that responded. Big help!

Check this website out, http://pure-gas.org/.

Thread Information