Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar

Oh hey, long time no see

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have talked to you all. As some of you know, I sold the raider about 2 years ago, and have had a boat and 1300R as well since then. I sold the 1300R because of living location (no where to store it and it was costing me way too much to store it month to month) so I thought maybe someday I will get back in the game....well....I am.....somewhat. I have set a goal for a blaster build (if Peavler is still around these neck of the woods, I'm sure he will chime in). It will be an 1100 63M build. This will be a long build. Im taking my time and working on everything so it's perfect. Hopefully you guys can help me out because this is really going to be my first time actually messing with the blasters. I'm 6'4 250lbs and still glad I can ride them. Need to lose some so it's easier to manage.

+1
    Sounds like a cool build!
    BTW, I'm the one who bought the nozzle and life jacket from you on eBay a few months ago

+1
    I would recommend a Blaster 2 vs the Blaster one with your size and weight...along with the additional weight of the tripple over the twin. The 1200 engine fits in there pretty easy..just have to glass in mounts and make a few parts.

M

haha, nice. Hope everything is working for you.

And mike, I want something that I can still throw around. Never ridden a blaster 2 in my life, but I enjoy the B1's so much. Just got to keep it movin. after abut 10 seconds sitting I start to really work to keep the B1 up straight. Might have to keep that in mind.

Oh, and mike, I heard that the blaster 2 hull, the faster it goes, the slower it goes. Something about how the hull starts to nose dive more with more power and cuts speed. Now I'm not looking for speed but in my opinion, the B1 would have a better outcome with the 1100 engine. I still ride them, just more difficult to sit without moving since I gained a few. But I was thinking wouldnt the extra weight from the motor help the center of gravity since it is at the bottom of the hull? I'm lookin at pickin up a hull here in about a week or two. Just waiting on storage situation for the meantime.

Thread Information