97 Kawasaki STX 1100

Polaris 750sl - How to install Ocean Pro flame arrestor kit and what you need to know

Hey guys I did some research and thought this might be a cool thread to add. There are lots of information about this topic but I thought I'd show you guys some neat ideas I came up with when adding my Ocean Pro flame arrestor kit and things you might not have known.

On the 95 Polaris SL750 the oil injection is in the air box, so when you replace the air box with the new filters you loose your oil injectors. You have 4 options,
    1 - buy the kit with the oil injection adapters ( Hard to find).
    2 - buy a intake manifold from a 1994 Polaris SL 650 or 750 which has the oil injection in the intake rather then the air box.
    3 - take your old air box like I did and using a saw cut the bottom sections off and make your own adapters. I'm including some pics.
    4 - remove your oil pump and premix yourself...

The reason for this post though is to show you there's other things you can use these adapters for that I've cut from the stock air box...

In my case what I've done is purchased an intake from a 1994 Polaris so I can move the oil injection to the intake manifold and then rather then removing my choke system from my carbs to add a primer kit/ I'm going to just add the adapter I've made and use it for a fuel primer.....

Also in reading I found that Polaris recommends jetting your main jets in all 3 carbs to 102.5 because of the additional Ocean Pro air flow and the fact that they already ran lean to begin with....

Just some notes the pilot jets on these carbs are 75 and the mains are 90. But what I can't figure out is why the manual calls for different carb adjustments between the 1994 and 1995 years of the SL750... From what I can tell there the same skis....

1994 carb tune specs Front mag 1 1/4 turns, center 3/8 turn, rear PTO 7/8 turn and on the 1995 carb tune specs Front mag 1 turn, center 1/2 turn, rear PTO 3/4 turn and 1200 to 1300 rpm in water both years...

Anyway hope I gave some good ideas and helped out someone in need...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1687.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	239376  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Interesting approach

Do those oil injection fittings have a check ball inside, or are they just an open nipple?

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Interesting approach

Do those oil injection fittings have a check ball inside, or are they just an open nipple?
    I was actually wondering the same thing... But even if they do have a check valve shouldnt my primer still be able to blow fuel past the check ball or is the pressure going to be too great? If this does present a problem I will just remove them, thread the hole with a 1/8 mpt and add a barb fitting for the primer. The other option is if you had the actual primer jets that are for the choke assembly you could drill the hole to the right diameter and press those in.. I may do that since I happen to have a set sitting around... Also I did get the carbs back together today and the ocean pros installed. I used all thread 6mm and cut to length the 3 bolts that hold the air cleaners on. I used a bronze spacer and a nut to tighten the lower section to the carbs and then used another nut and bronze spacer to give me the correct spacing I needed as to not squish the filter element and allow me to tighten the nuts snug so they dont rattle loose due to vibration.. Ive attached some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1694.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	239461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1693.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	239462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1690.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	239463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1695.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	239464  

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Just to let everyone know there was no need to remove the oil injection from the adapters the fuel squirted perfectly from all 3 injectors. Its possible the spring tention from the injectors creates enough pressure in the primer kit that it causes all 3 injectors to spray fuel evenly to all three carburators.... Also I did notice that once I started the engine back up for the first time with the new filters and main jets the indle was much higher then prier. I had to lower the idle speed screws... Im gonna double check for vacumn leaks. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same issue?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Option 5 remove the choke plates and install a primer kit in one side of the carb and install the oil injection lines in the other side of the carbs.

Thread Information