Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oil warning

+1

Question oil warning

I have an 04 RXP replaced engine with an SBT unit after ski sank, engine ran great for an hour or so with no problems whatsoever.
    Went back to ride again and got an oil press light ski went in limp mode (im guessing) would not REV above 3,000 RPM. Checked everything if anything I had it a TAD over full on oil. Removed some oil, reverified oil level put ski on the hose ran for 30 to 45 min no warning or problems.
    Went back to the water the same problem reoccured. Has there been any problems with oil sending units? Any suggestions?

thanks

A quick and relatively cheap first step is the oil pressure sensor. Replace it and see if that fixes the problem.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you ran it on the hose for 30-45 minutes!!! WOW... hope that sucker doesn't sink when ur out riding oneday.

you got a new engine from SBT... new oil pumps and all? i dont know what an SBT motor comes with, so enlighten us... is it just a short block or complete long block with head, oil pumps, etc...

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    45 minutes on a hose.....WHOOPS! See ya driveshaft seals

+1
    that is to long on a hose the ride plate must have been singing like a fire back boiler i would check the overheat engine temp, cos that should of bleeped

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    that is to long on a hose the ride plate must have been singing like a fire back boiler i would check the overheat engine temp, cos that should of bleeped
    not necessarily... depending on the angle the ski is at, the water pours out of the pump and there's a pisser that are designed to trickle down the rideplate and cool it when it's on the hose... you'd be surprised how long it takes to overheat it out of the water... but that carbon seal musta been flappin in the wind and burning the hell up... if your gonna run it that long at least have a bucket of water nearby and keep pouring water on the driveshaft seal every minute to cool it down.

nonetheless... does anyone know if an SBT motor comes complete with new oil pumps and everything, or is it just a naked shortblock?

+1
    I had the same problem with my 2004 RXP. Turned out to be the front Oil pressure switch. Replaced it and had no othe issues with the Oil Light.

Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    I had the same problem with my 2004 RXP. Turned out to be the front Oil pressure switch. Replaced it and had no othe issues with the Oil Light.
    Do you mean the front OSPS -Oil seperator pressure switch, something like that!?...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Do you mean the front OSPS -Oil seperator pressure switch, something like that!?...PR...
    Yes. You have to be careful when you take it out and put the new one back in as it will strip out pretty easily if you are not careful. I think the switch is made of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    Yes. You have to be careful when you take it out and put the new one back in as it will strip out pretty easily if you are not careful. I think the switch is made of plastic.

hmmm, mine is metal threaded portion with plastic electrical connector...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information