+1

JERRY--crazy idea--BUT IT WORKS GREAT

I have a 04 RXP with the following-OPAS block offs--2 degree wedge--PPG level one--small venture--158 degree thermo. I have never realy conqured the heat fade problem. I ordered the Riva power filer to replace the PPG level one fan system. I got the Riva part and discovered it only reached to the front part of the engine. Thats not good. I pulled out ALL the SD air ducting and said uh--what now?? Well--went to my local NAPA store and found they have three inch ID hose in three foot sections. One three foot section when attached to the front end of the RIVA power filter tube ends up in the exact middle of the upper front hood compartment. I chose this hose because the cargated hose disrupts air flow.
    Remember we port heads to remove burs and round edges-( along with enlargeing the ports somewhat.) There is a bracket inside the hull directly
    under the steering which was used by SD to attach the upper part of their air ducting. I tie strapped my NAPA hose to the underside of this bracket.
    This alinges the hose in a stright line off the Riva power filter to just under the upper hood compartment. I cut out the lower tray part of the hood compartment. I then aquired a 90 degree lightweight three inch fiberglsass hose (made fron the same material SD uses for all their air ducting) fron a weed blower. I hose clamped one end of the 90 degree piece to the forward end of my NAPA hose. I then hose clamped the K & N Riva filter to my 90 degree piece. Now i try to close the little black hood and it would not close because my filter is sticking up four inches above where the hood closes. THIS IS A GOOD THING. I take a quarter inch by 10 inch long bunge cord---attach one end to the latch under the hood and the other end to the ring on the lower steering housing. Remember the large part I cut out of the under hood floor? Well there is lots of room around my K & N filter for outside air to clean the hot air out of the engine bay. Yes--it does make a littler more noise---BUT--this afternoon I was pushing 8200 rpm---constantly. Never has seen over 8100 before and that was only on cool mornings.

Sundace- IMO-hitting the rev limiter (8200) is not a good thing! Repitch that prop! Excellent results though! I have the same set-up as you do (just got the 158 degree thermo installed this weekend). I rode for 6 hours and hit 8100 RPM'S all day long

+1
    Do you still have the stock ECU pushing 8200?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if that's the stock ECU.... i'm not so sure i'd recommend you run it WOT very often with it bangin the rev limiter at 8200

Sundace post some pics please.
    thank you.

+1
    Good deal Ray! I have had my filter element in that top storage compartment for several months now. It works great!

+1
    Yes--I do have the stock ECU. I did notice the last 50 to 100 rpms---from 8100 to 8150 and then a quick touch to 8200 was rather slow--felt like the timing was being retarted or running low on fuel pressure. Sorry I cant send pictures---I am not that computer savey and dont have a digital camera. MY neighbor is pretty computer savey--if you guys think we could work it out --I would be glad to. Tell me what to ask him when he comes back from vacation.

+1
    Wow, I didnt think it was possible. I hit 8100 on some good days when its a little moderate in temps, and cant seem to hit 8150 although it seems like it wants to!

Thread Information