After Run Maintenance

I just recently purchased my first two-stroke ski. I was just wondering what I should do after every run to the lake to ensure that I can prolong the life of my toy. Do I need to fog it..etc

Thanks

+1
    Grass,

After you get it trailered back home, start it up for about 20 seconds blipping the throttle so it can cough out any remaining water. Check inside hull for any water of consequence, oil, or gas. Check and add oil if still injected. Hook up the battery to a trickle charger. Fill up the tank so you're ready to go next time. (Make sure you use the blue Sta bil ethanol treatment with your gas) Wipe ski down with some dilluted vinegar to remove water spots.
    Check your plugs every so often for a soft bronze color to make sure it's running ok, not lean or rich. Either store with seat off or remove before starting at home next time you take it out. Don't need any fuel vapors exploding.
    Then if you get the bug you'll be stepping your sponsons, changing out your ride plate, intake grate, impellor, flame arrestors, etc.

My ski always works sometimes... griffin55's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by toyterrific View Post
    Grass,

After you get it trailered back home, start it up for about 20 seconds blipping the throttle so it can cough out any remaining water. Check inside hull for any water of consequence, oil, or gas. Check and add oil if still injected. Hook up the battery to a trickle charger. Fill up the tank so you're ready to go next time. (Make sure you use the blue Sta bil ethanol treatment with your gas) Wipe ski down with some dilluted vinegar to remove water spots.
    Check your plugs every so often for a soft bronze color to make sure it's running ok, not lean or rich. Either store with seat off or remove before starting at home next time you take it out. Don't need any fuel vapors exploding.
    Then if you get the bug you'll be stepping your sponsons, changing out your ride plate, intake grate, impellor, flame arrestors, etc.
    +1

I do all of that. Also, every 2-3 trips, I spray everything in down with CRC 6-56 (NOT wd-40). I use the spray when the metal surfaces start to lose their shine and look dry. I also spray some down the throttle and trim cables.

Thanks for the quick answer guys. Do I need to do any fogging of some sort or is that only for winterizing the ski?

My ski always works sometimes... griffin55's Avatar
    +1
    Sta-Bil says to fog if it sits for more than 30 days. I personally don't worry about it during riding season and would only fog the engine during winterization.

Thread Information