Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modded VX Plate great....stage 1 prop suggestions???

I took my ski out yesterday and it started to rain, but the Modded VX Plate by Jim was awesome. In a little chop, I still got up to over 72mph (over 3mph gain in slight chop) but it seemed to have a slight bounce. Then the rain started. I will try shimming and taking back out. I recently added the Solas 13/22R prop and I get a little bit of cavitation out of the hole (rpms get up to about 7800). At WOT, I never get over 7500rpms, which should be higher, right. I have a stage 1 set up minus the free flow. I never had any cavitation prior to adding the prop and manifold ugprade. I have a Solas 14/21 from Impros coming today but I have been told that cavitation could be even worse on the hole shot. I plan on sending off my 13/22 prop and getting it repitched. Any recommendations as to a pitch?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    I took my ski out yesterday and it started to rain, but the Modded VX Plate by Jim was awesome. In a little chop, I still got up to over 72mph (over 3mph gain in slight chop) but it seemed to have a slight bounce. Then the rain started. I will try shimming and taking back out. I recently added the Solas 13/22R prop and I get a little bit of cavitation out of the hole (rpms get up to about 7800). At WOT, I never get over 7500rpms, which should be higher, right. I have a stage 1 set up minus the free flow. I never had any cavitation prior to adding the prop and manifold ugprade. I have a Solas 14/21 from Impros coming today but I have been told that cavitation could be even worse on the hole shot. I plan on sending off my 13/22 prop and getting it repitched. Any recommendations as to a pitch?
    Add 1 shim on each side in the rear and try it if it still has a slight porpoise then add both on each side that were supplied and that should cure it, Your rpm's are a little low get the rpm's up and your speed will also go up. But over all sounds like it's running good.

Thanks Jim. It started raining so I didn't have time to make adjustments. The plate didn't come with shims. Jerry said that it doesn't and to just grab some thin flat washers. I got some stainless steel ones, but the thinnest were about .045 thick. Does that sound about right?

Thanks
    Jerry

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    Thanks Jim. It started raining so I didn't have time to make adjustments. The plate didn't come with shims. Jerry said that it doesn't and to just grab some thin flat washers. I got some stainless steel ones, but the thinnest were about .045 thick. Does that sound about right?

Thanks
    Jerry
    The 45 will be fine just add 1 on each side in the back that will take care of it.

+1
    i had the same issue when i installed the 13/22r on my stage 1 fzr, it only turned 7500 at wot and had alittle cavitation out of the hole, i repitched it to 14/20 or 14/19 i cant remember and it was perfect out the hole and the wot rpms where around 7700

Thanks Coco.

+1
    Does anyone have any other suggestion re Stage 1 props and pitch setups????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gleson View Post
    Does anyone have any other suggestion re Stage 1 props and pitch setups????

skat 13/21 best all around prop for a stage 1 IMO. and ive used both props solas and skats..

With the skat 13/21 do you get much cavitation out of the hole and do you remember where your rpms were at WOT? Thanks.

Stock prop pitched to 13/19 7750 rpm 70.8mph
    Cool air intake, Stock ride plate, VX110 intake grate.

Stock prop pitched to 12/18 7950 rpm 71.5mph
    Cool air intake, R&D FZR ride plate, VX110 intake grate, R&D R2 ECU

I hear a VX110 intake grate scrubs off about 2mph & they break.

There were no intakes available when I bought the VXR back in late Jan so ground the bolt holes to fit a VX110 one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information