Yorkville, IL

Primers in an Ultra 150- How did you do it?

I want to put primers on my Ultra because I have to crank for quite a while with the choke when it is cold. I bought a 3 primer kit from Mr. Zigler and before I dig into this project, I am curious as to how all of you mounted your nozzle into the flame arrestor box.

Pics if you got em!

Some people put them on the flame arrestor. I found it better to mount them to the intake manifold. This way, you don't have to mess with the primers when you remove the flame arrestor & carbs. Of course, you know not to remove the chokes on the stock carbs, I guess.

Here's what i did:

Yorkville, IL
    I never thought of that, it is a good idea, but I am not sure if I want to take it apart that far for primers. Decisions, decisions decisions

I dont mind having them in the flame arrestor as I do not take my carbs or flame arrestor off that often. I do know that I have to leave the choke in my carbs.

If you are having a hard time starting the ski it might be time for a top end. Mine was hard to start and if you let it sit for more than an hour or so after it was started you had to start all over. That was right before I had to rebuild the top end. I added the primer kit after the rebuild because my wife could never start it. However, after the new top end it starts right up every time with no problem. Now I don't even use the primer. Just a thought. I could be wrong, but that's what happened to mine. My ski had 95 hours on it when it pretty much died. I did mount the kit on the FA using epoxy glue. Here's where I mounted the knob.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0451.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	240481

South East
    Just about every PWC I have seen takes too long to start in my opinion. Its about 5 or 6 feet from the tank to the carbs. If mine has been sitting over a week I usually pull the return line off and blow in it until fuel comes out the return fitting on the carb. That seems to help somewhat.
    Use a rag to catch the fuel and don't leave it in the hull.

Thread Information