Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Moving to DFW, where all do I ride?

OK fellas,
    My job is relocating me to the Dallas area. I am looking at houses in the Midlothian area. I know there is plenty of water up there but I need the good and the bad of all the places to ride up there. I have ridden Lewisville but no others.
    I am used to flat water so what creeks should I go to?

+1
    Joe pool is 15-20 min north of you , it has a state park with nice ramps and the oasis resturant has great food and drinks....(thats where I ride) there are some good creeks also
    Brazos river is very nice its about 45 min south of you ...go to cleaburn city square and turn left.the river is very scenic with 100 foot cliffs and glass water..the wake boats are thick at times and they just hate our ass (lol) you can ride the river into lake whitney which is very cool.
    Lewisville ocean is about 1.5 hours north of you up I-35 it has party cove and some very cool people to ride with (you know who you are) this lake is extremily rough because of the large 30 + foot boats...(this is where I had my 72 mph get off...not fun) it also has sneaky petes bar which is cool. Good creeks also
    lake ray hubbard is about 1 hour north east of you and is a very big lake with a bass pro shops on the water ( I dont ride here but it looks to be a nice lake)
    lake weatherford is out by ft worth and some GH members have a cool lake house with sand beach to hang out on...its a small lake but nice...its a great party lake (you cant get lost if you make one too many beer stops ..lol)
    ....Blake (rxt2007) or myself David will be glad to ride with you and show you the secret creeks...they are secret so we will need to show you...lol pm me and ill send you my cell number

Is the Lewisville stand-up crew still hanging out in the same cove on Sundays?

I was going out there semi-semi-regular the beginning of last summer, but some work and family issues cut off my season early. I went out again the weekend before Easter weekend, and there wasn't a single soul in the cove other than fishermen. I have to work Sundays now, so I have to plan ahead a bit more and request vacation time if I want to make it out there and not ride solo.

Lake Lavon would actually be more convenient to me these days, since I moved to Allen, put I don't know if anyone else is ever going out there any more.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    2 places on the brazos.kimbell bend/hamm's park.from the dam at whitney way past hamm's park.or tin top,from the dam on lake granbury past tin top to bfe!!!hey dave i've got some walkie's for those wfo creek runs!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    2 places on the brazos.kimbell bend/hamm's park.from the dam at whitney way past hamm's park.or tin top,from the dam on lake granbury past tin top to bfe!!!hey dave i've got some walkie's for those wfo creek runs!!!
    walkies...thats what cell phones are for....but I think you are correct my cell didnt work in the canyons / cliffs of the brazos...I think "they" are gonna ride the first weekend in june at plowman ....ill check and get back at ya

+1
    Just found this thread. There is a nice creek on Lewisville that's fun. Another nice creek on Lake Ray Hubbard. Brazos was mentioned. The Nolan River off the Brazos is fun too. Also a decent creek on Joe Pool when the water is up. But Caddo out in East Texas is the shiz for smooth water runs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Just found this thread. There is a nice creek on Lewisville that's fun. Another nice creek on Lake Ray Hubbard. Brazos was mentioned. The Nolan River off the Brazos is fun too. Also a decent creek on Joe Pool when the water is up. But Caddo out in East Texas is the shiz for smooth water runs.
    Im still waiting for an invite to that Caddo ride!

+1
    Lol...say the word and we can go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Im still waiting for an invite to that Caddo ride!

My brother just went last weekend and he's ready to go back. I'm up for a trip if y'all are. I bet he would be up for going back as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    My brother just went last weekend and he's ready to go back. I'm up for a trip if y'all are. I bet he would be up for going back as well.
    let do it this time!

Im ready... lets get thru mudbug and make a plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information