Low rpm / poor performance on startup

I took my 2005 GTX 4tec out for the first time last month. It starts fine however it won't accelerate. If I hold the throttle open, it stays on idle or maybe slightly higher. After a few minutes, it will gradually increase speed. After about 10 minutes, it performs normally and runs great. It seems like it might be bad fuel but not sure why that wouldn't affect performance the whole ride, not just when it's cold or the first 10 minutes. Time for new fuel filter? Fuel injector? Just looking for an idea of where to look first to fix the problem.
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill ritchie View Post
    I took my 2005 GTX 4tec out for the first time last month. It starts fine however it won't accelerate. If I hold the throttle open, it stays on idle or maybe slightly higher. After a few minutes, it will gradually increase speed. After about 10 minutes, it performs normally and runs great. It seems like it might be bad fuel but not sure why that wouldn't affect performance the whole ride, not just when it's cold or the first 10 minutes. Time for new fuel filter? Fuel injector? Just looking for an idea of where to look first to fix the problem.
    Thanks
    Change your plugs. You also might have too much oil in it. Doubt it is the fuel as it runs after 10 mins. Stop riding until you find the issue.

+1
    +1. Check the plugs, oil, and anything where performance/function changes with heat. Are there any trouble codes? I'm not sure what a forum search would pull up but it's worth a try. I think there was someone with the same issue a few weeks back and it turned out to be the spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Change your plugs. You also might have too much oil in it. Doubt it is the fuel as it runs after 10 mins. Stop riding until you find the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    +1. Check the plugs, oil, and anything where performance/function changes with heat. Are there any trouble codes? I'm not sure what a forum search would pull up but it's worth a try. I think there was someone with the same issue a few weeks back and it turned out to be the spark plugs.
    New spark plugs seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

Thread Information