Engine allignment ?

I can't seem to find the answer for this one,when you allign the engine with the allignment tool,do you set the engine all the way back,or all the way forward?
    I would say all the way back to keep as much tension on the drivshaft bellow you can,but maybe it is too much pressure,and there is almost no room left to put the c-clip in,it is on a Rxp-x ?Thanks

+1
    I dont see where you can move the engine forward or backwards, maybe I missed somethng. When alligning the engine you typically use a series of shims under the three mounts against the hull to change the pitch, angle, or roll of the engine to allign the pto with the allignment tool that slides in and out of the pto. If done correctly many of us have alligned the pump shoe with the thru-hull fitting first (pain in azz), then lined up the engine. There is a how to in the "how to" section for doing the pump shoe (thanks to Jerry).

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    I dont see where you can move the engine forward or backwards, maybe I missed somethng. When alligning the engine you typically use a series of shims under the three mounts against the hull to change the pitch, angle, or roll of the engine to allign the pto with the allignment tool that slides in and out of the pto. If done correctly many of us have alligned the pump shoe with the thru-hull fitting first (pain in azz), then lined up the engine. There is a how to in the "how to" section for doing the pump shoe (thanks to Jerry).

I did use some shims,4 in the left side,1 in the right side and 1 in the front,but the holes in the motormounts is a good 1/2" bigger than the bolts,so you can slide the engine back and forward about a 1/2",not sure if I need to worry about that though Thanks

TTT

Thread Information