Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anything out there to replace the BEGI ?

what other options are there to replace the begi and the lc-1 ? i have nothing but bad luck with my lc-1 and to keep trying to dial in the begi to get my A/F right is getting old --- what else is there to replace all of it --where i can put it in and ride and not worry about it ?

what are your exact hp mods? What injectors are you using? What rpms? Are your fuel pressure regs after or before the fuel rail? There is enough experience here on the forum that we should be able to get you close on a base setting and proper sized injectors. Obviously, if you can not check afrs with any degree of accuracy you'll never dial the ski in properly.

Mark

+1
    You can use the Rude Fuel Controller instead of the begi. There is other AF monitors on the market, but you may get the same result if it's an issue with your setup.

Where is your 02 bung? Have you tried another sensor? I've had zero issues with my LC-1, my sensor is mounted in the mani.

Also, what is the LC-1 doing? Does it just jump around too much, or does the sensor keep going bad? How/where are you tapped for the bung?

I'm just about to tap the manifold for the LC-1 using Innovate's 12mm-18mm adaptor. I'm hoping to get a more stable reading and a safe place for the sensor, than I used to get with a LM-1 in the J-pipe. I also just ordered the all-in-one BEGI 2035, to see if I can fit that in there somehow. With just 42s & RRFPR, I'm a bit rich down low, and a bit lean on top, and I'm about to add a torque plate, so I've got some 48#s on hand to hopefully dail it in with the BEGi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Also, what is the LC-1 doing? Does it just jump around too much, or does the sensor keep going bad? How/where are you tapped for the bung?

I'm just about to tap the manifold for the LC-1 using Innovate's 12mm-18mm adaptor. I'm hoping to get a more stable reading and a safe place for the sensor, than I used to get with a LM-1 in the J-pipe. I also just ordered the all-in-one BEGI 2035, to see if I can fit that in there somehow. With just 42s & RRFPR, I'm a bit rich down low, and a bit lean on top, and I'm about to add a torque plate, so I've got some 48#s on hand to hopefully dail it in with the BEGi.
    This will be a great set-up. The 2035 is sweet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    what other options are there to replace the begi and the lc-1 ? i have nothing but bad luck with my lc-1 and to keep trying to dial in the begi to get my A/F right is getting old --- what else is there to replace all of it --where i can put it in and ride and not worry about it ?
    You should not have to keep dialing in your A/f unless you changed some mods or major weather changes and all you usually have to do then is adjust wot wich us simple by the turn of a needle valve. Heck, I've set-up a couple ski's and used my lc-1 to dial them in and then removed the lc-1 for the summer. When cool weather hit I simply reinstalled the lc-1 and readjusted to compensate. Ussualy by turning the needle valve in a bit and raising the wot pressure by 5-8lbs. However, if doing this it is always a good idea to have a fuel pressure gauge that is easily visible to monitor.
    As mentioned if your lc-1 isnt calibrated or working properly you will fight it no matter what fuel controller you are using.
    Honestly with your level of mods you should'nt be fighting anything.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i have a rude controler for sale in the classifieds...going big ..so dont need it anymore...sold
    Last edited by breon; 05-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.

okay just got back in town -- thus the slow response --- i had 50# injectors in and just put in 42#'s --- stock my ski was 215 HP with mods you tell me -- the add ons are below --my fuel pressure is after the fuel rail --- my lc-1 jumps up and down by about 6 digits when running the ski --- when i decelerate my ski the lc-1 starts to flash 7.4 and i need to turn it off and wait a minute then back on ---- if the lc-1 is telling me the truth i should be close to what i need to be at and the fuel pressure gauge is at 50 lbs --- the 02 bung is on the j-pipe -- and Breon it looks like i was late and you sold already -- congrats ---- now how does the rude controller work ?

At a guess, with 42's, set the key on fuel pressure at 53#. That will give you around 50# at idle. You should be around 63# at wot. You may be able to just go with a stock 1:1 regulator. Unscrew the wot screw on the Begi...taking it out of the picture at wot. Set the 1:1 at 53# with the boost line attached. That should get you to where you need to be up top. Then see where you are at and let us know so we can advise from there. The 42's should be plenty for your setup.

Mark

i'm wondering about the rude fuel controller -- whats the story on it ? -- as if i need to increase my misunderstanding of this !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information