Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar

03 GTX SC opinions wanted........

I just got back from a week long trip of VERY hard ocean thrashing after installing my mods and everything is working flawlessly. However i'm still not satisfied and plan to dump some cash in it this winter. What i'm wondering is what mods i should do that are cost effective. I plan on upgrading to a lot of RXP internals but i'm not sure what else to add. IC, SC impeller, prop, ecu, thermostat? If anyone is interested i have pics of me jumping posted in the action photos portion of the album.

If you are going to do all these mods to an '03 GTX SC the first thing you need to do is replace the cast pistons with the drop forged pistons that the RXP and RXT use. You may even consider an aftermarket with more compression if you are going to do internal mods.

+1
    Lots of options here's one:

http://www.rotaxracing.ca/

I think you will better off getting a rxp or rxt instead. All that money in mods you could have a new ski but I dont know your way of thinking.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    for about 4500 bucks or so... two2corrupt has his GTX SC running like 11-12 mph over stock.... That's nuts!!!

it's cheaper the mod the living hell out of ur SC than it is to pay the diference to upgrade to RXT, then continue to mod the RXT to get faster as well.

Yeah i get the picture you guys are drawing but i don't think i can afford anything else on my credit due to buying a house next year. I've looked at a lot of options as far as RR's stuff and so forth but their pistons seem way over priced if the price listed is for 1 piston. I was thinking somthing along the lines of pistons, SC impeller, IC, ecu, SC gears, thermo, and cold air kit. Should I see significant gains with this setup?

+1
    Im in the same boat, I am thinking about adding the IC and RR ECU but I dont want to do internal mods like changing the pistons, is this safe I think Redevil has a 04 SC with these mods but I am not sure if he changed his pistons

03SC
    sc impeller
    04 pump
    PPG Solas
    Riva air intake
    OPAS removed
    GPS 65.5

I'm almost definetly changing pistons. A friend of mine had one crack on his 03. I won't get any performance gains from then but that should allow me to add a lil more boost and fuel.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    04 SC has forged pistons... jsut 03 was cast.

an 03 SC with pistons, ECU, IC, air, exhaust, vortech.... i'm imagine you see 70mph or so.... maybe even surpass that mark?

aren't there guys running NA 155HP 4-tecs at over 70mph? wat are they running in their skis? two2corrpt has an 03 SC i believe... running 72ish? i lsoe track of what everyone has and how fast they going... but Phil and two2corrupt are 2 guys that come to mind right away with the GTX platform in the 70s

Thread Information