Thread: pre season

pre season

hey guys,
    I've been doing some searching for pre season maintenance, this is the first spring with the ski. I bought new last spring. What are some of the things you guys do before the first ride?? I had winterization and maintenance done, oil changed and all that good stuff. Battery has been on a tender all winter and fuel was stablized. I plan on waxing it before I take it out. Any other things that need to be done? does it need to go to the dealer? Thanks for the input in advance and direct me in the right spot if I missed a post in the search..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn1562 View Post
    Anyone?
    Take it out and ride. Let it warm up a little bit before you get on it. Other than that, you should be good. If the oil and filter were changed when winterized you don't need to do that. I usually change the plugs every season. Only 15 bucks or so. Just so I can start fresh. I always change the wear ring each season before I go out.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Take it out and ride. Let it warm up a little bit before you get on it. Other than that, you should be good. If the oil and filter were changed when winterized you don't need to do that. I usually change the plugs every season. Only 15 bucks or so. Just so I can start fresh. I always change the wear ring each season before I go out.
    +1 good tips. fresh 93 octane as well. i like to do a stem to stern tight down on all bolts and clamps as well.

+1
    While you have the pump out changing the ring, make sure your pump grease is good as well as the o rings. Other than that, you are golden. Gas and go...

thanks guys, correct me if I'm wrong but is the wear ring something the dealer goes over on the yearly service I could have sworn I saw it on here somewhere?

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn1562 View Post
    thanks guys, correct me if I'm wrong but is the wear ring something the dealer goes over on the yearly service I could have sworn I saw it on here somewhere?
    dont know, alot of people on here dont deal with stealerships. easy way to check, get under the ski, look up in the intake grate with a flashlight, follow the shaft back to the impeller, there is a white ring surrounding it, look for score marks on the ring around the prop blades, if worn you need to replace it to get your acceleration back

+1
    We don't like no stinkin stealer....

Thread Information