Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 rxp 215 oil leak?

I bought a 2007 rxp 215 over the winter just had the oil changed in it and i took it out today for the first time, road for about 30 minutes and came back to have the entire engine compartment full of oil. i looked and the dipstick was up. Ive seen on threads that this happens alot and some people tape thers down, but i was in really calm water so it suprises me that it popped out in the first place. Also can that much oil come out of the dipstick area or may there be another issue?

Crap, this just happened to me today in my '07. I had just changed the oil yesterday, and was checking the level before bringing it up on the lift for the night, so when I saw the dipstick up today, I just assumed I had accidentally left it that way. Didn't know it could pop up on its own; have to keep an eye on it.

Let the engine run on the water hose for a min and make sure the engine is level using a level, oil level should be in the middle of both marks..

You might wanna also check the orings on the oil filter if you pulled the filter !!

+1
    If you just did an oil change, chances are you didn't get enough out before putting the 3 quarts back in. YOU MUST dead crank the engine. Meaning this...... After you drain the oil.... Hold the throttle ALL THE WAY IN and turn it over 5-6 times then quit. Turn it over 2-3 times then quit. Drain another half quart or so of oil. You have to get the oil out of the head and back down to the pan or whatever you want to call it.

The number one reason for oil blow by in the SC is overfilled oil..... Not necessarily from the seal. I usually am one of the ones that jumps straight to the main seal on the SC. Those of us that have catch cans do not experience this problem as the crank case and valve cases DO NOT vent into the intake any longer. Give that a go and see how you end up....

I had the oil change done at a dealership so I hope they did it correctly I filled the quart that was missing back up and let it run on the hose for a couple minutes, didn't see any problems but I also didn't get on the gas or anything. Do you think it was a fluke that the dipstick popped off should I tape it down?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    I had the oil change done at a dealership so I hope they did it correctly I filled the quart that was missing back up and let it run on the hose for a couple minutes, didn't see any problems but I also didn't get on the gas or anything. Do you think it was a fluke that the dipstick popped off should I tape it down?
    NO, too much oil.... First mistake is letting the stealer work on your ski. You could have done it for less than 20.00.....

I would have done it myself but the prevoise owner broke the dipstick and I wanted a compression test done to it as well. The oil is a littler over halfway between the bends is that right? I didn't get thre onwers manual with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    I would have done it myself but the prevoise owner broke the dipstick and I wanted a compression test done to it as well. The oil is a littler over halfway between the bends is that right? I didn't get thre onwers manual with it.
    Yep. Right. You need to check the oil while the ski is warm.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    NO, too much oil.... First mistake is letting the stealer work on your ski. You could have done it for less than 20.00.....
    How many hours you ride before you do a oil change.

Well I bought the ski with 23 hours on it and when I asked the guy when the last time the oil was changed he didn't knwo cause it was his sons, so I was being on the safe side and I changed it. When its cold the level is just under the higher bend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information