1100 zxi mag cylinder running hot on hose

I have a 96 1100zxi I just started it and am running on the hose the mag cylinder starts getting hot to the touch. The center and pto cylinders are staying cool. Should I pull the cover to see if it is clogged? Any other suggestions?

+1
    Someone else noticed that the head was running hot on the hose (1100) but not in the water. I looked at mine and found the same thing.

You might want to pull the hose from the stator cover and blow through it (the cover) to make sure it's clear. I've found a couple that were completely plugged.

I had a1999 stx1100 with the same engine, the mag cylinder would run warmer than the center and pto on the hose. I had a 94 polaris sl650 and 97 780 that did it also . I was told this is normal with these skis on the hose . If it is hot enough to boil water or fry an egg that may be a different story. I'm not sure if the 96zxi has the pisser on the left hand side or not but if it does make sure water is coming out of it . I would put it in the water and see what it does. If it is week or wont get on plane I would shut it down and go from there.

I will check the hose. There was water coming out of the pisser. I would like to put tripple pissers on. I might have to take it to the river to try it. Seems like they would all get the same amount of water.

+1
    Not sure the triple pisser setup would work on the 1100. It's a different system from the Ultra, which was designed with outlets for each cylinder head (but two went out the back where you couldn't see them).

Be careful if you try it, you might leave other parts of the engine hotter than they were designed to be.

If I do try it I'll keep it on the trailer and just back it in the water. I have seen posts were they drilled and tapped the 1100 head for tripples. But u have to seal off the passages between.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stubburnjdh View Post
    If I do try it I'll keep it on the trailer and just back it in the water. I have seen posts were they drilled and tapped the 1100 head for tripples. But u have to seal off the passages between.
    This is for AFTER you go to dual cooling. I wouldn't do it with the regular setup.
    Also, the front will run a little warmer then the center and rear cylinder.. depending on what year 1100 you have, Kawi put 125's (mains)in the front and 120's in the center/rear carbs.

Thread Information