Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Here :)

New Here :)

I recently acquired this ski for about 300 bucks. the guy didn't know what was wrong with it. when we went and looked at it, we figured out that the ski ran but needed to have the jet pump rebuild. so we towed it home and started tearing it apart. the ski is a 95 SLT750. As of now we have the jet pump apart and we are in the process of rebuilding it. Also we need to acquire things such as plugs, batt, oil, and other misc items.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Be sure to read about and do the recommended upgrades and maintenance.

Don't forget a little paint for the trailer!

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Sweet deal/ I paid 2200 for mine back in 2000. they retail for 8500.00 new. they do 6250-6300 on the tach Wide open throttle doing about 48 mph. They are very stable, rides like a cadillac and plows thru big waves with ease. should get on plane in 2 seconds or else something is wrong. Use BPR 8ES NGK plugs.

There are things you want to do to this ski before you have any trouble. a triple outlet fuel pump, new gas lines everywhere including the gas tank. a good clean out of the gas tank out of the ski, lines changed, the longer one in the tank is for reserve and the shorter hose is the main...they are different lengths!.

then clean out your oil tank, and the water seperator,, check to see if the black ring cap is cracked on the seperator.. if not,,,good,, dont break it going back on. its fragile after years of sitting.

Check the compession or wrench the heads off or look down the plug holes and tells us what they look like down there. if all black looking, you way lean. if you see clean spots on them, your ok. all clean is way rich.

then,new in-line gas filters, new clamps everywhere, a rebuilding of the carb diaphrams,gaskets,rubber. then your good to go.

carb rebuild kits. 120.00
    new fuel line 21 ft.15.00
    2 gas filters. 10.00
    clamps -zip ties,ete... 5.00
    tripple outlet fuel pump--35.00
    you need to do these things. the original setup dies over time and destroys pistons.. For a 185.00 you'll be bulletproof. then start adding stuff to it.. intake grates, rideplates,ete.. its a great ski.. you can go 45 mph and spin it around 360 or 180 and ride it backwards! lol its a riot.. I love mine.. Had it for 11 years now.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1

thank you guys for all the helpful information. will be looking forward to learning alot from this ski and this site. As of now this is the first ski I've owned and started working on. And yes the trailer will be getting paint

Banned User
    +1
    WE rebuilt the jet pump on my friend's SLT 750 last fall including a refurbished impeller. I got to take it for a ride today. What a huge difference that made!!!!!! Ski went from being a total dog to having really nice acceleration. You will have lots of fun on that ski. Its really a fun hull. Lets you do all the crazy stuff you can do on a 2 seater SL with the stability of a 3 seater.

new look

removed some decals because they were messed up

Banned User
    +1
    that looks good!

thanks. That was after some hard core polishing with Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information