Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Call me Crazy but i have been thinking of getting an FZR..

All this talk about stock performance has got me thinking, although my SHO wasnt slow stock and a great platform, with these upgrades i just did i thought i might be a little quicker than 71mph not to say thats slow by any means.. with that said i feel like getting a slightly used FZR or maybe even trading it with someone that was looking for a SHO..I am not sure if maybe i am just too hopped up on brews right now or this 95* weather has me thinking a bit LOCO!!..Do i keep modding the SHO to get to my ultimate goal?? or do i just find a FZR?? Never rode a FZR so i am flying blind..Just a thought OPINIONS WELCOME!!

+1
    what are you're riding conditions and what is your end goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    what are you're riding conditions and what is your end goal ?

Most of the time riding conditions are lakes especially here in Kissimmee where i live.. i live on lake Tohokapeglia(hate spelling that word) so conditions are flat 90% of the time..occasionally hitting ocean for the day at times..
    My end goal is just to have a great accelerating ski with a good top end, with enough power never to fall behind.. I am a new to the sport with riding under a year so i am still learning but i am getting better.
    I am purchasing the H2O kit in a couple of weeks so maybe i should work with what i have..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97modman View Post
    Most of the time riding conditions are lakes especially here in Kissimmee where i live.. i live on lake Tohokapeglia(hate spelling that word) so conditions are flat 90% of the time..occasionally hitting ocean for the day at times..
    My end goal is just to have a great accelerating ski with a good top end, with enough power never to fall behind.. I am a new to the sport with riding under a year so i am still learning but i am getting better.
    I am purchasing the H2O kit in a couple of weeks so maybe i should work with what i have..
    You mean the H2O turbo. Well if you ride in flat water then definitely the FZR will be the better platform for you. I'm not saying anything is wrong with keeping the SHO but the FZR will be faster than a SHO with the same mods. I've tested this myself.

You mean the H2O turbo. Well if you ride in flat water then definitely the FZR will be the better platform for you. I'm not saying anything is wrong with keeping the SHO but the FZR will be faster than a SHO with the same mods. I've tested this myself.
    I am really thinking of this..well let me put out a feeler see if anyone is looking for a trade..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97modman View Post
    I am really thinking of this..well let me put out a feeler see if anyone is looking for a trade..
    yea that's a good choice. I love my FZR and plus it looks way meaner than the SHO. Lol So are you going with the turbo ???

I just have to see how easy it is to do this trade..

+1
    If you can find a used FZR fo a nearly even swap, I'd go for it, considering the type of riding you do. The SHO hull is more stable which makes it better offshore, & the FZ hull leans into turns more which makes it better in the corners. The lean-in turning makes for more fun ride if you ever take the ski south & ride the twisties on the K river. With identical mods, there really isn't much difference in performance though...only 1-1.5 mph top speed difference.

With the level of mods you currently have, it's not hard at all to find another 2mph. Send your stock ride plate to Jim's Performance, & that alone should be good for at least a 1-2 mph gain over your Riva plate. A better intercooler & boost clamp(if using stock ECU) would also really wake it up. If you're not concerned with preserving the warranty, a reflash ECU would make it a completely different animal all together.

yea that's a good choice. I love my FZR and plus it looks way meaner than the SHO. Lol So are you going with the turbo ???
    Yes i am going straight to turbo instead of modding the supercharger, i just think that there is too many positives on that upgrade not to do it. If you think of it by the time i am done to get where i want to with SC its almost the same as turbocharging..i feel like there is much more benefit..
    Just want to know how it will react from the dig..

+1
    Depends on your riding. Today about 5 minutes into an off-shore race on my FZR, I was wishing I had taken the FX SHO. I got the piss beat out of me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information