Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Posts
    57

    VTS Rod RXT-X 08

    I have been working on fixing a rxt-x 08 that I have very minimal knowledge about modifications done. I bought a replacement vts rod because it came without one the vts module was installed and functional it was missing the rod. Well today I get the rod and it seems to be about 2 inches short. I have no wedge that I can find. the part number on the rod is 271001092. I would like input on what I should look for or did I get the wrong part?

    Alright here are the pictures
    No rod attached just the vts and the bucket control

    Another Angle with no vts rod attached

    vts attached with bucket all the way down

    vts attached with bucket all the way up




    If you want more pictures of a different area just ask...


  2. #2
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Thats the right part number. Looks like it should bolt right up. Pull the reverse bucket down all the way and push the trim ring up till it bolts up. I can't see any problem.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Thats the right part number. Looks like it should bolt right up. Pull the reverse bucket down all the way and push the trim ring up till it bolts up. I can't see any problem.
    if the vts is run all the way down and the bucket is run all the way up it still does not connect... Thats the problem

  4. #4
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by TechIsCool View Post
    if the vts is run all the way down and the bucket is run all the way up it still does not connect... Thats the problem
    The reverse bucket doesn't have anything to do with the trim. Grab the steering nozzle and lift it up. Is it hitting anything? Hey take a picture of the reverse cable there it attaches to reverse bracket. Is your reverse working correctly?

  5. #5
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Not sure but I think the part number is wrong in the parts catalog for the 08 TX. I just looked up a 08 RXPX which should have the same VTS rod and it is #271001179.

    I have one laying around. Measure yours and I will go measure the one I have.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Total length on my 09 PX stock vts rod is @ 8.25".

    Starting to think you got the wrong VTS rod. The older 3-seater didn't have the pump set back like the TX.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Not sure but I think the part number is wrong in the parts catalog for the 08 TX. I just looked up a 08 RXPX which should have the same VTS rod and it is #271001179.

    I have one laying around. Measure yours and I will go measure the one I have.
    6.25 ± .02 inches is how long mine is the model you listed above is for a 07 - bellow vts not an 08 but who knows if that is even correct I know the one I have is stamped with 271001092

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by TechIsCool View Post
    6.25 ± .02 inches is how long mine is the model you listed above is for a 07 - bellow vts not an 08 but who knows if that is even correct I know the one I have is stamped with 271001092
    You need the #271001179 vts rod. Like you said the rod is about 2" too short. The pumpshoe on the P, PX and TX are set back 2". I am reading the number right off the vts rod in my hands, now. Get the right rod and you are good.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    You need the #271001179 vts rod. Like you said the rod is about 2" too short. The pumpshoe on the P, PX and TX are set back 2". I am reading the number right off the vts rod in my hands, now. Get the right rod and you are good.
    So why is listed wrong in the microfiche with the correct year and model chosen that's just weird...

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Not sure but I think the part number is wrong in the parts catalog for the 08 TX. I just looked up a 08 RXPX which should have the same VTS rod and it is #271001179.

    I have one laying around. Measure yours and I will go measure the one I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechIsCool View Post
    So why is listed wrong in the microfiche with the correct year and model chosen that's just weird...
    Thats what is the problem it appears to be wrong on the microfiche. Are you getting parts from a dealer? If so see if he has a RXP or RXPX and measure it. Hey, I just checked the 09 RXTX part number is 271001179. The microfiche is incorrect for 08, it happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Length of VTS Rod OEM VS Riva on RXP 04'-08'
    By Kevin Wag in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 01:43 PM
  2. VTS rod
    By BJTKRXPHD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 07:32 PM
  3. Homebrew VTS for RXTs
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
  4. I love the RE's and VTS Rod.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 09:35 AM
  5. RXP extended VTS rod& wedge? Anyone have it?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •