Ride Plate/Trim Tab/Sponsons/Steering Nozzle Questions?

Is this the OEM ride plate? These are the aluminum trim tabs that everyone suggests switching to correct? Also wondering if anyone has a suggestion for painting the nozzle, and any tips for adjusting the sponsons, if needed. Just picked this ski up, so still learning

+1
    yes, that looks like the oem ride plate.
    Yes you have the good aluminum trim tabs already
    For the nozzle, you could try to clean it up and paint it with Epoxy spray paint. Or maybe you could have it bead blasted and powder coated.
    Sponsons down for corner craving and up for high speed runs and getting the ski to slide around more when cornering.

as cutlas related
    sand blast the riva nozzel then..
    a.if fresh water you can leave it as is
    b. paint or clear it..
    c.find a local powder coater and have it redone if is a salt water ride

your plate is o/e. I assume this is a 97 early98' with the tabs you have and the plate lenght) 97 came with the longer plate(yours) than the later ones

tabs are also rivas ( good installation job with the sealer fillets)

sponsons set as he related

I do see your missing a grate tine... if you snap off its opposite mate and finish it smooth, it will run a tad faster and clean easyer. down side is it will suck up bigger stuff to clog the pump..

Sorry if this is a stupid question lol.. but when you guys say sponsons up/down, do you mean the entire thing moved up or down, or one end tilted? With the 3 holes near each bolt, in the triangle shape, how do I adjust for more speed/sliding? (Wouldn't this suit me better for recreational use?) Thanks guys, trying to learn haha..

+1
    Yes, all the way up or all the way down. Some people "tilt" (or often called "stepped") their sponsons for different reasons and its always front up, rear down. I'm not sure if thats possible with your Beach House sponsons.
    Anyways to adjust them, remove the screws that hold the fin to the sponson backing plate, move it to the position you want and screw it back on.

So right now they are down & back? if i move them up, what would i notice a difference in?

Besides just down being for cornering, and up being for speed.. what would difference in front to back be?

I'm going to do as w/rpm500 suggested and remove the other piece on the grate and smooth the broken edges of the already broken side.. until I can remove the bolts and put a new grate on.

Thanks guys

if you have broke bolts, dont ride..if that grate rips away it could do damage to your pump ,ski or yourself if you are thrown or can not steer .. it could act as a big rudder and steer you into something solid..fix those bolts..

Would it be possible to remove them without removing the pump? Could I drill the broken bolts out/retap the holes for new bolts even slightly larger?

eagle eye n' death grip steady hand... possibly... drilling this in steps while on your back a biotch ..its too easy to drill the stainless off center and f' up the housing.. really, do yourself a favor and pull the pump... i described the job in your other thread.. from experiance , PULL THE PUMP..

while your there you can split the front housing off the back and spruce up your dinged impeller..

best bet...retaping to the original size or heli coil.. there is only so much room in there for larger stuff..

+1
    I agree. You really can't ride that thing with several broken grate bolts. Its too dangerous. You might get tossed right off the thing and hurt yourself.

Thread Information