MSX 150 Exhaust delete

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if you could remove the muffler and just go straight to the exit piece.
    I removed the plastic sound suppressor the other day. I didn't remove the muffler tho cus I was affraid there is something inside it preventing the water from entering the engine. Thought maybe it would add some hp. or just sound cool.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sound becomes very loud. Very few people that remove the water box like the result. Often they end up putting it back in.

I don't know how the Weber engine would respond to not having the water box. It is a highly computer controlled engine. On the 2-stroke engines the water box actually provides only a modest exhaust restriction, so there is not a big power gain. Mostly lots more noise.

Have you read about the Desperado ECU upgrades for your engine? If not, might be worthwhile. Details via my signature links.

I have checked out his website for the ecu reflash but $345 US is kinda a lot plus the shipping. It def would be nice tho.

Does anyone know if Fram makes a oil filter for the 150 and if so the part #. Mine has never been changed and I would really like to do it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yeawellalmost View Post
    ... oil filter ... Mine has never been changed and I would really like to do it.
    Have you seen this web page?

I don't know if Fram makes an oil filter for that engine.

If you are going to keep that MSX 150 then you really want to consider the ECU upgrade. Better engine longevity, better power, better fuel economy. Seems like a pretty good combination.

Ok so I put a new battery in tonight. Then drained the oil and put on a new oil filter that I got at a local dealer. Everything about this thing is uncomfortable and not made to work on. Must be a German thing. I am going to wait till it's in the water to put in the new oil. The fresh water kit works but I am not a fan of it at all.
    Has anyone ever run vp racing fuel. The vp-100 is: 100 octane, 96 motor octane, unleaded and oxygenated. It is street legal and will not harm oxygen sensors or catalytic converters. I figure it might be worth it to mix 50/50 with the premium 91 octane that they sell here in Maine.

Thread Information