Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

well now im totally lost

i spent all day going over my slx

did a leak down test i even correctly torqued the spark plugs she passed with flying colors 1 psi over 10 minutes

indexed the crank again and again and again just to make sure i had it absolutely correct

it was perfect also

pulled the carbs again perfect
    blew all the lines out with 150psi compressed air

pulled the fuel pump again it looked fine i used a piece of hose and sucked and blew on it (i know thats what she said) and made it pump that little thing pumps quite a bit

so WTF am i missing theres got to be a reason i burned up that pto piston

im gonna replace the piston again and start at 3 turns out on the mains and lows and just work my way in from there and see what i get i belive they say 3 turns out is basically fully open so ill start there

any suggestions cause my back is killing me

+1
    Nitro, I had this problem a few years ago were the PTO burnt down. I was due to a weak diagphram in the carb. Your sure the carbs are perfect? Is the pop off set properly? Is the little screen in the carbs clogged? Not trying to make you out like an idiot, just going through some basics. Which fuel pump are you using, and how long is the pulse line comming off of the crank case? You want to have the pulse line as short as possible. I would alos go through all of the fuel tubing an check for any cracks, this could also be a cause for your lean condition. Lastly I would perform a leak down test to see if you have an airleak at the crank seal.

Hope this helps

Banned User
    +1
    Maybe check to see that the pto connecting rod is straight and not damaged in any way. Check the carb diaphragm and inlet needle/seat and make sure its working properly. Possibly test popoff and make sure its within spec. Is the gasket between the carb and intake manifold sealing? If crank index is good it either has to be a carb problem or an air leak on that cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Nitro, I had this problem a few years ago were the PTO burnt down. I was due to a weak diagphram in the carb. Your sure the carbs are perfect? Is the pop off set properly? Is the little screen in the carbs clogged? Not trying to make you out like an idiot, just going through some basics. Which fuel pump are you using, and how long is the pulse line comming off of the crank case? You want to have the pulse line as short as possible. I would alos go through all of the fuel tubing an check for any cracks, this could also be a cause for your lean condition. Lastly I would perform a leak down test to see if you have an airleak at the crank seal.

Hope this helps
    yes the carbs were completely rebuilt brand new mikuni parts
    pop offs 20 psi i forgot to mention that in my previous
    screens were completely clean as well as the high speed and low speed needles and seats
    pentagon triple outlet pump

pulse line is fairly short but enough to not kink and is a very sturdy hard rubber line as not to allow collapse
    fuel tubing has all been replaced
    as said before the leak down test was spot on , even so i pressurized the motor and sprayed the ever living snot out of it with soapy water no bubbles anywhere

i know your not trying to make me out to be an idiot,, but damn i feel like one, i have built several motors from the ground up, many hotrods, 4 strokes of all kind, chainsaw 2 strokes, wankels, motorcycle race engines, turbos, nitrous standalone fuel computers, you name it i have built it, installed it or madde it go fast, i was even a technician for ford so trust me i know a thing or two but this damn 2 stroke is eating me alive its ridiculous

damn you 2 strokes

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Index good, leak down good, carbs rebuilt with genuine mikuni parts good, new hoses good..... Hmmmmm

As mentioned prior, makes ure the hose clamps are good and not allowing air to seep in. How about the petcock? Was that inspected or replaced?

If those are good, it's got to be in the fuel supply to the carb or the carb adjustments.

Yes, 3 turns OUT on the carb screws is wide open. No need to open up the low speed screws from stock.

Did you verify the jets are the correct size in the PTO carb?

+1
    Make sure the pulse lines are clear also. (no oil/fuel in them)

apparently the site went down as i posted last night but yes the jets are fine 110 and 67.5 for the lows

once i get everything back together ill check everything

now you wanna know something really weird the fuel pump had oil in the voids on the outside of the pump not the pulse side but on the other side i don't even know how it would get in there unless they put oil in it and then sealed it up quite strange

took the seadoo out for a bit tonight had a strange noise start almost like a bearing??

pulled it out of the water brought it home pulled the pump no shaft play oil was full in the stator bearing no water in it put some new o-rings in it and filled it back up with oil

thought maybe it was something loose on the exhaust so started it up kinda heard it but not like when i was on the water checked the plugs and wash all was well with the world

so all i can think of is a broken weld on one of the baffles inside the muffler ill keep looking good thing is i didn't burn down anything

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Nothing stuck in the jet pump?

I once had a plastic bottle cap jammed between impeller and wear ring. Was spinning around with the impeller...

i didn't see anything ill look again good call

there were several sticks lying around in the water today

i was freaking out for like 3 miles just waiting on the pump to lock up lol i was going as slow as i could and still be up on plane

from today

my son yells at me FASTER! FASTER! JUMP IT! JUMP IT!

and yes both of my children can swim very well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information