Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting Worried

Getting Worried

Now that the 300x's are out on the scene, (haven't seen one down under though yet) im getting a tad worried that my stock rxtx 260 just aint going to cut it if any of my mates get one that eaton supercharger is a sweet piece of kit! might be time to do some mods myself.....
    Has anyone tried one out without the speed limiter?

+1
    A guy I ride with just bought one. Spent a good chunk of change. He won't come off how much he paid in order to be first so-to-speak.... He bought the module or whatever it is you buy. I think that it is not worth that much money. I realize apples to apples is not what I am about to say.... However, I would rather have an RXP or an FZR. After riding that thing. JMO!

+1
    I hav e ridden the 250's and they are awesome in the rough stuff, but the ride was just not for me.
    NOW the 300's???? Well they are the same hull, but with so much more power. I believe they are 68mph boats stock, but with the fooling of the speedo wheel I believe 71-72.
    SO just get the riva module that removes the gps limiter from your t-x and a 4inch intake and you are about even.
    I love the seadoos look so much better. Just my thoughts.

+1
    I'm a bone-stock RXT rider for going on 5 years now ('06 SCed), but after riding my buds 300X in a 1 foot chop yesterday... WOW.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    at the end you will come up winning... your wallet will stay a little thicker, kawis are OPECS #1 consumer. Seadoo or yami for good gas mileage.

Tempted to spend the $700 and get Riva Stage 1. Right now getting 70.5mph cold day but I'm still experimenting with the trim. Heh my mate has started dropping hints about how nice the new kawis are.....
    I read the 300x uses less juice than the ultra 260x and is on par with the doos, mind you there's a lot of stuff being said about the 300x who knows.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    at the end you will come up winning... your wallet will stay a little thicker, kawis are OPECS #1 consumer. Seadoo or yami for good gas mileage.
    +1, whats the tradeoff for running an eaton supercharger at 17psi to run 72?

They run 72 stock apparently after the speed limiter is removed, don't know if 17psi is stock, I thought it was around 10. Those eaton chargers would be comfortable with more boost.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fpvxr6 View Post
    They run 72 stock apparently after the speed limiter is removed, don't know if 17psi is stock, I thought it was around 10. Those eaton chargers would be comfortable with more boost.
    hmm? maybe i got some bad info...there is a thread in yamaha section talking about it, i think its the sho vs rxtx thread. just goes to show you will always defend what you ride

I hear the RXTX 260's will outrun the Kawi's stock for stock from what a few of the mags are already reporting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information