1100 zxi newb help

I'm new to jetskis and I got a 2001 1100 zxi on trade from a buddy it was having a hard time starting but he said the carbs needed to be cleaned. When I got it home it took forever to start and when it did it would bog when given gas on the trailer. I took them apart and rebuilt them and put a primer kit on it and now it starts but dies right away like it burns the fuel from priming it and thats it. Is there a way to check the fuel pump or is there something else I can check while I'm at it or point me in some kinda direction.

Thanks
    Brad

+1
    How did you install the primers? I'm almost certain that your 'Ski has CV carbs, and you should NOT remove the chokes to install primers. You have to go another route to install them.

yea chokes are gone everything I read said take them out so thats how I installed them
    but I will say before I rebuilt the carbs I took them apart and cleaned them and it was still doing the same thing without the primer kit

+1
    The primer kits are generic, not model specific. Without the extra restriction of the chokes in the CV carbs, they will run uncontrollably lean. I'd recommend re-installing the chokes, if you can.

Have you tried changing the fuel filter? Also, try the Reserve setting on the fuel selector. You might have a plugged fuel pickup.

LOL well thats not what I want to hear the only way I could see to get them off was to cut them out so they aren't going back on

thanks for the help can I use a auto filter or is the Kawi recommended (I cant get to the dealer till Friday)

+1
    There are carbs on Ebay all the time. Use the stock flame arrestor.

Another option, I bought an STX 1100 without an engine. It did have the CV carb rack. I bought an 1100 engine that had the old style carbs and swapped them. I'll sell the old style carbs, but I have not used them and do not really know their condition. I'd recommend going through them. They are already set up for primers, i.e. chokes removed.

Personally, I think I'd prefer to have the stock setup, as that would make it easier to order parts for it.

Thread Information