Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Question rear exit exhaust issue

i recently had my riva rear exit exhaust installed.. was done professionally btw a certifyed tech.. rode it 2 times since i had it done loved it sounds awesome with the riva waterbox... i noticed saturday after i washed and dryed the ski that i saw a little hairline crackcomming from where the tip is to the left of it a little bit.. its not a deep crack but looks like either the paint or gelcoat has a lil stress crack..... wasnt there after we installed the rear exhaust.. im wondering if vibrations from the exhaust tone caused it maybe?? just wondering if anyone else had an issue.. ill try and post a pic if i can figure out how to do it.. the ski was in the shop last year for hull cracking up under the deck on the left rear side.... im hopeing its not gonna get bigger. ill keep an eye on it nextime i go ride it..

+1
    I have a bunch of those small cracks in the clearcoat around the rear tie downs. I took them off to make sure they didn't go through the hull and they were only in the clearcoat. Hope that helps.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    This is exactlly why im afraid to drill a giant hole for rear exhaust on my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    This is exactlly why im afraid to drill a giant hole for rear exhaust on my ski.
    +1...

cant stand the free flow drone anymore so going back to stock as i too wont risk a large hole in the already weak area, i can feel my top deck flex when i water mount and im 79kg's..to be honest after seeing how the sponsons are rubbbing through the hull on most im sorta done with the Nano chit...

+1
    ok well if it helps, i took the ski out tuesday all day. i was blasting through some ruff water also.. got home checked it.. didnt get bigger or wider etc.. its very fine.. ill continue to keep an eye on it.. if it needs to be fixed atleast its an easy area to get to....me personally. i love the way my rear exhaust sounds with the riva water box. i had the high flow with the waterbox and it droned like crazy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kneedragger85 View Post
    ok well if it helps, i took the ski out tuesday all day. i was blasting through some ruff water also.. got home checked it.. didnt get bigger or wider etc.. its very fine.. ill continue to keep an eye on it.. if it needs to be fixed atleast its an easy area to get to....me personally. i love the way my rear exhaust sounds with the riva water box. i had the high flow with the waterbox and it droned like crazy lol
    Or you could have All Action Fiberglass fix it. talk to colleen ,she is the lead tech.

+1
    Anybody else's cracking?

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    Pic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pic.
    Were you trying to post a picture?

+1
    If the certified tech had put tape on the hull prior to drilling it would have help prevent any tiny cracks in the surface.
    It's just a surface crack and not thru and thru. Nothing to be concerned with

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information