Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Police have arrested the alleged accomplice connected in a shooting of a pwc theft

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/22004386817457/

Miami-Dade police are investigating whether a juvenile armed with a shotgun was justified in killing an intruder who tried to steal his family’s wave runner.

During the confrontation, the unidentified juvenile shot Reynaldo Muņoz, 20, in the head, and he died at the scene, police said. Muņoz’s girlfriend has been charged with felony murder for her participation in a crime that caused the death of another.

The attempted burglary happened about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when Muņoz and Carolina Lopez, 19, drove to Pelican Marine Harbor Marina in Miami Shores. He parked his truck, and Muņoz put his own Wave runner in the water, navigating it to a waterfront home at 9275 N. Bayshore Avenue.

Police said he then jumped into the water and started walking along a concrete seawall onto the property. As he removed the family’s Wave runner, he was “confronted by the homeowner who armed himself with a shotgun in an attempt to protect his family,’’ the police affidavit said.

Investigators said the home is owned by attorney Jeffrey Davis, who was not home at the time of the attempted burglary. His son, an unidentified juvenile, and his wife, Yasmin, were home, police said. They told detectives that Muņoz indicated he was armed and that he planned to harm them. Neither Davis, nor Muņoz’s family would comment.

Lopez, of Hialeah, confessed to police that that she planned to wait for Muņoz, also of Hialeah, to return with the stolen watercraft and they were going to place it on a trailer, and haul it away in hopes of selling it for $2,000.

No further charges were announced Monday, as the probe continued.

Police -- well aware that the incident is controversial -- indicated that the prosecutor’s office would likely make the decision on whether the killing was justified, either in self-defense, or under the Castle doctrine, a Florida statute that means that any criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is presumably there to cause death or bodily harm. Therefore, a person can use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person without being prosecuted or sued.

Florida’s self defense statute also allows persons to use deadly force to defend their home from an assailant who is committing or trying to commit a “forcible felony.” A forcible felony generally includes the more serious crimes of burglary, aggravated assault, aggravated battery and murder. Also, under the statute, the property owner does not need to retreat or warn the intruder of their intent to shoot. There is a presumption that the person trespassing is doing so with the attempt to commit a violent act.

+1
    Wow. Crazy shit!

+1
    haha I bet it will make the other ones think twice! Great shot too.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Classic..... "jet ski theif from Hialeah blasted in the face by a lawyers juvenile kid with a shot gun" I hope he had a 3-1/2" buck shot shell in that bitch... and that there was nothing left of that fuckers head to identify him... not even a tooth!

+1
    Yeah, the bitch dropped him off on a ski for him to steal the ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Yeah, the bitch dropped him off on a ski for him to steal the ski
    And that's why her dumb ass got charged with Murder ...another perk in the Florida laws to put dumb fucks away....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    And that's why her dumb ass got charged with Murder ...another perk in the Florida laws to put dumb fucks away....
    +1 stupid crack bitch

+1
    Why would he want to steal a gayrunner anyway?

Thieves take warning....

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    god i love florida gun laws...one warning shot to the face, followed by " look what you made me do...you got cherry pie all over my jetski, do you know how much Hydroturf costs?!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information